Dj's United

Last Few Months For Me Now

I mentioned ages ago that I have decided to retire this year and even though bookings are still up this year, I am still calling it a day in June when I start my new job.

I have been studying for a MA in Graphics for the last 4 years and decided that I want to go back to work full time.

Don't get me wrong, the money is great and I am still enjoying it but I would rather retire now than get to ap point where I doing gigs just for the money and not putting my all in to it. I have seen too many go this way. Still Djing till there nearly retirement age and it looks embaressing to me.

Doing this now because I am going to stop looking at the forums and looking on Ebay for stuff because I always get tempted!!!

Luckily I have been training somebody up to replace me and I am selling DJM Promotions as a going concern to him. Thought it was the most logical thing to do as I have bookings right until the summer of 2011.

managed to get in with a few more hotels as well. Not for sole residency because I don't think they do you any good. You get complacent very quickly and its good to have a change to keep you on your toes, so its just a case of being on the lists of their preffered suppliers for corporate and wedding functions.

So, finally, good luck to all of you out there who keep slogging away every weekend, up and down the motorways, living on ginsters!

Keep up the good work and as D'ream says, 'things can only get better' ..not arf!!!

Dave, I have a brilliant idea.

I have the kit, you have the gigs. You pack up, but continue to get the gigs, which I will cover. Still cahrge the £100k + per year you mentioned in other posts. You pay me £60k a year which leaves you £40k for sourcing the work.

It's brilliant eh? We will both be happy, you get your weekends and I get to continue in the business.

It's a no brainer!! £40K for just contracting the work!!!

I have the kit, you have the gigs. You pack up, but continue to get the gigs, which I will cover. Still cahrge the £100k + per year you mentioned in other posts. You pay me £60k a year which leaves you £40k for sourcing the work.

It's brilliant eh? We will both be happy, you get your weekends and I get to continue in the business.

Ha ha, me thinks a tongue was very firmly in ones cheeck when this was typed lol

Nik

Problem is that I am after a professional to take over not an amateur!!!!!!

:aa

I would rather retire now than get to a point where I doing gigs just for the money and not putting my all in to it.

Well, being in a position to make the decision to hang up the headphones is probably a lot more favourable than being forced to! I admire your honesty. Good luck for the future. :djuhi: