Dj's United

Recently I had posted about laptops I was having problems with. One was a relativley new one so i decided to get it fixed ( It had a broken screen) the cost was £150 fitted. So the laptop was £400 1 year ago so i thought I was justified. So I can go back to using my laptop instead of my work one which if broken would have resulted in problems at my day job.

I have been looking at the Cortex HDC 1000 and the Cortex DMIX 300 which can be had for under £300 when doing a google search. Would these replace my laptop and could I use my hard drive and mix with either of these machines. One of them may well be my next purchase although the last purchase was a kam 3d laser at £300 and the wife has never stopped moaning at me for wasting my money. Anyway do any guys on here have experience of the above machines and would they recomend them.

Hi Motherwell

I have the Cortex HDC 1000 and yes they would replace your laptop. The Cortex unit must be used with an external hard drive as these units unfortuantely dont have any onboard memory unlike the Denon HD 2500. I use my Cortex as a back up unit as I love my OTS DJ but the answer to your question is yes they would replace your laptop perfectly.

Edited by FrankieJ

DJ Frankie Knuckles.

the cortex will replace the dj/music playback side of things

however a laptop is still a laptop and allows you to do so much more (wireless internet anyone?) I have a venue where i can download requested tracks whilst Djing!! Plus lots of other features which come from having a laptop