Dj's United

Top End Of Night Tracks?

What do you use as your last track / mix? The mixmeister mix "End of night anthems" seems to work well:

Starhsip - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

Aretha Franklin & George Michael - I Knew You Were Waiting

Dirty Dancing - The Time Of My Life

Take That - Never Forget

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Mike

Mike Butcher - Future Sound Discos

www.futuresounddiscos.co.uk

T: 0208 090 3459

M: 07828 702 545

My end of night song, varies depending on the crowd... but always follows the same formula...

Starts off quiet, then drums (or more instruments are added), then the all importantt key change, finishing with a definate but quiet ending (rather than fade out).

Think of most Westlife songs, or Amazed Lonestar. . .

Music is then muted, we say are good nights and nearly always play "Love shine a light" - Which is a long running in joke (basically we used to do a really rough venue once we played this by accident and suddenly all these Beefy, tattooed men started running around hugging each other and for the first time ever the police weren't called that night), and is associated by any of our repeat customers as the end of the show.

I don't really like finishing on typical end of night songs.

What I do like doing is announcing the last song.. playing a really good one (of the general theme of the night) and then thanking the guests for coming. I then put on the most requested song of that night... which generally goes down a storm !

Leaves the guests on a high and gagging for more. (Although sometimes sparks arguments about "Just one more") :joe:

Ben

I think the days of the old traditional last smooch are virtually gone now, so I usually play something like westlife or similar. For older audiences Tina Turner-"The best" still goes down well.

What do you use as your last track / mix? The mixmeister mix "End of night anthems" seems to work well:

Starhsip - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

Aretha Franklin & George Michael - I Knew You Were Waiting

Dirty Dancing - The Time Of My Life

Take That - Never Forget

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Mike

Depends on the Function for wedding we find that Take That Never Forget is 99% a floor filler.

or Katrina & the Waves - Walking on Sunshine

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

I finished with Never Forget last night and it totally went of. Half the room on the floor throwing their hands in the air. Deffo be using that more in the future.

• 1 month later...

i've had time of my life

nino d'angelo gaurdian angel ( rare )

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

my regular top three

Get on Board The Boogie Bus Join us for a while as we journey through the time tunnel

I finished with Never Forget last night and it totally went of. Half the room on the floor throwing their hands in the air. Deffo be using that more in the future.

Never tried it as the last track, but will give it a go.

Dunno until 10 minutes before the end, surely you have to read the crowd.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

I used to make a hibit of always finishing with Whitney houston - Its not right but its ok (thunderpass mix) a very uplifting bouncy dance record to finish the night off with. Saldly these days i dont play what i want as much so i tend to fisnish with something more predictable like "rockin all over the world"

All Anthems Disco - Mobile Disco / DJ Hire - Cornwall

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the time of my life [dirty dancing] is very popular.

Other times i've used "Closing time" Semisonics, Dec 63 Oh what a night [liebrand edit mix], Last Dance Donna Summer, Hurt so good john cougar..New York , sinatra

Rarely would i finish off on a slow ballad..

Never tried it as the last track, but will give it a go.

As long as the crowd know the song, it's OK. I'd never really played it but got 'dragged' along to a Take That concert and I was one of the 30,000+ with my hands in the air at the appropriate moments. Since then I've had great success and no success with it.

I always used to play Thank You for the Music. Then it was You're the Best. Then it was Angels. Now I just wait and see. Like Andy says, it really depends on who's left, the energy on the dance-floor, what's been working through the night, the mood of the place, etc. If I'm tired or I can't quite put my finger on what's required then I'll opt for track 6 from Mastermix 215 - The Final Period: End of Term Singalong. Almost 10 minutes long and contains That's Amore, Que Sera, Delila, We Are the Champions, You'll Never Walk Alone, and New York, New York. It's a wonderful thing to have in your armoury because you can start to 'tidy up' whilst they're all going bonkers on the floor - put CD's away, return glasses to the bar, turn off equipment not in use, go to the loo, get bar maids phone number ( :joe: ) or, in most cases, join them on the dance floor. It goes down very well if you make your closing announcement whilst you're dancing with them!

[insert quirky comment]