Dj's United

Only got an hour.

Set karaoke up....VGA TO VGA.

The motitor is pulsing in time to the music...any ideas please.

Gotta fly

(assuming you're using a laptop/pc)

Reboot and check that the external monitor is showing the POST messages (ie the stuff that appears before Windows starts)

If it does...

Change the display to VGA (640x480) and adjust the refresh rate down to 60Hz.

Work your way up from then...

If it doesn't - it could be a duff monitor? Does the Venue have any plasmas with VGA input?

Jason

Edited by vokf

Thanks for your concern!!

Kept trying and tried vokfs solution but didnt really have time>

Owned up to the party oganizer and knocked twenty quid off the bill.They sang off the laptop as was planned but I do like to have a TV on show to retain the party guests interest.

Gonna have a really good look this week as onl discos now.

Jarred off.....was working perfect on a trial run last week.Maybe its the computer.I have a Fujitsu coming back from repair in the week.

Who'd be a KJ.

There was no option on either the software or Monitor for 'NTSC' was there?

Some monitors and software have this option for the U.S market which use a different TV format to ours, its sometimes worth checking that one of the devices hasn't defaulted or been knocked to NTSC option.

Beyond that, i'd be looking closely at leads and also the socket on the back of the monitor, domestic equipment can take a pounding in our industry and its not unknown for pcb sockets on the back of equipment to break away from the circuit board due to regular plugging / unplugging, even the connector itself can wear as manufacturers tend to use cheap and cheerful plastic connectors these days.

If this did turn out to the culprit, then consider having a local TV engineer hardwire a more robust connector into the monitor on a flying lead, I used to suffer this connector fatigue a lot in the days when I did karaoke, but this solved my problems and was a hell of a lot more reliable.

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'