Dj's United

Is this how the public see the modern DJ? A budget DJ for a budget Wedding? A barebones DJ for bare wallets? Maybe it's an example of a Credit Crunch DJ beating the recession? smile icon

http://www.djassociates.org/djsunited/dj.jpg

I'd be very interested on views, such as is this taking 'minimilistic' to the extreme? Maybe the DJ had to sell all of their gear to buy a Pro-Dub license?! Or maybe they just couldn't decide on what brand of sound and lighting equipment to buy?

Discuss!

does not look like the dj to me. he seems to be a guest at the party and they are providing thier own music, via laptop.

WWW.HONKYTONKSULTIMATEDISCOS.COM

well at least he's correctly attired :D

and they are providing thier own music

Which is an increasing trend

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

well IF he is the dj it sure looks like he's got them rocking! http://planetsmilies.net/party-smiley-565.gif

I once read about the evils of heavy drinking ................ so I've stopped reading

COPYWIGHT: Elmer Fudd 1956, All wights wesewved.

well IF he is the dj it sure looks like he's got them rocking! http://planetsmilies.net/party-smiley-565.gif

No, he's not a DJ, he's one of the wedding party judging by his Moss Bros suit, he's taking a bit of a risk balancing his laptop on a table that small though :scared: Whats more notable is the guests are having a great time by the look of things, which goes to prove they can do it themselves, and the DJ's are expendable :fear:

Edited by disco4hire

New Site Clouds Disco

I don't think he is the DJ either.

In the background can be seen lighting of sorts, probably caught by the camera during an 'uninteresting' phase.

I'm not sure about the microphone, but perhaps he was a toastmaster or something?

Is this how the public see the modern DJ? A budget DJ for a budget Wedding? A barebones DJ for bare wallets? Maybe it's an example of a Credit Crunch DJ beating the recession? smile icon

I'd be very interested on views, such as is this taking 'minimilistic' to the extreme? Maybe the DJ had to sell all of their gear to buy a Pro-Dub license?! Or maybe they just couldn't decide on what brand of sound and lighting equipment to buy?

Discuss!

i think he is dj'ing as there is a green lead comming from the phones out socket. i think the lights are in house as there is know reflection from the poles and they look a bit to well set to have just been put up on a bar??? if you know what i mean? good luck to him looks like he is rocking it what ever it is!

i think he is dj'ing as there is a green lead comming from the phones out socket. i think the lights are in house as there is know reflection from the poles and they look a bit to well set to have just been put up on a bar??? if you know what i mean? good luck to him looks like he is rocking it what ever it is!

saying that i have just looked closer(geek) and if you look were that girl is with the nice yellow shorts to the right of her there is a glow of pink on a guys a*s "not that i'm into looking a other mens ar*%s normally)from a floor par can or something?

so it could be a slide show or he is just putting a set in for his mates or something hooked up to the djs gear

who knows its a mystery!!!!!!

Looks like he is just checking his emails....

I was going to say he was updating his facebook status...

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

I can't help but think that his attire looks completely out of place compared to everybody elses, which is a little too casual. It looks just like a Wedding Guest has wondered into a local nightclub :karen: . Has somebody been a bit too creative with photoshop? :D

Also the mic is a corded one, as opposed to a radio mic, which means that it has to be plugged into somewhere 'local', probably into the mixer-amp under the table or powered speaker. No way would it be practical to have a heaving dancefloor with a mic lead snaking back to the DJ console at the other end where the lights appear to be

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

funny ;-)

This some wierd nighclub shot. The girl on left in the short is clearly in inghtclub attire, and girls always dress for the occasion don't they?

Maybe he's checking his RBS share prices ?

Edited by dh140770

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos

I can't help but think that his attire looks completely out of place compared to everybody elses, which is a little too casual. It looks just like a Wedding Guest has wondered into a local nightclub :karen: . Has somebody been a bit too creative with photoshop? :D

Also the mic is a corded one, as opposed to a radio mic, which means that it has to be plugged into somewhere 'local', probably into the mixer-amp under the table or powered speaker. No way would it be practical to have a heaving dancefloor with a mic lead snaking back to the DJ console at the other end where the lights appear to be

I agree. No one there with the xception of this guy looks suitably dressed for a wedding reception.

Where did the pic originate?

• 2 weeks later...

Found online - various uses of laptops. It did not say if the guy was a DJ or not.

My first point - "Is this how the public see the modern DJ?" - in my experience, clients have indicated that 'DJing' is just someone who presses a few buttons, and for me, that picture said it all!

Rewind to 1999 - different story. smile icon

Oh my god haha!!! ... Maybe the DJ didn't turn up? Look at the size of his table too, I'd be surprised if the laptop survived the night!! :D

Indeed.

Pubs near me have all sorts of enterainment, including the "DJ wit laptop" no doubt set up on pub table!

Not sure how many 'DJs' would agree / disagree but to me, it looks makeshift, unsophisticated and more or less crude, and all in the name of 'DJing' of course! tongue out icon

Does this 'example' not come across as more than simple? Lacking in the refinements of a 'mobile DJ service' perhaps?

Maybe THAT 'image' is just one of the negative perceptions the public sees in a modern mobile DJ? :shrug:

Edited by Dukesy
  • 2 weeks later...

LoL I was thinking more along the lines of he's updating his twitter.com page. with the following. Today I walked into a pub and a dance session was going on, Theres this really hot lookin woman close by and I am too afraid to walk upto her and say hi.