Dj's United

Pro's And Cons

I'm being a 'roadie' tonight for a local DJ, are there any tips you guys can pass on? I was thinking more along the lines of do's and don'ts (sp?), what things should I be looking out for?

:eek:

Best tip - listen to the DJ you are being a roadie for!

In all honesty, the only thing to keep in mind is... mind your please and thank-you (you are, after all a form of representative of the service) don't get drunk, try to pick up someone's girlfriend / wife or start a fight and throw chicken legs or disco equipment at anyone.

Leave that to the DJ. :rolleyes:

Just be mindful of the things that the dj will not be able to keep their eyes on, including health and safety, such as when there is a lively crowd who are edging towards the gear when dancing. Nobody wants the fun to stop, and likewise, nobody wants to have to pick a clump of scalp or flesh out of the gear if they've fallen on the rig.

If the DJ has any business cards, he / she may appreciate that you pass on if there are requests for a card but other than that, I'd keep an open mind as every gig is different and after attending a few gigs, you'll get the experience / idea.

Oh, and don't wear white socks! tongue out icon

Have fun. :djuhi:

Best tip - listen to the DJ you are being a roadie for!

In all honesty, the only thing to keep in mind is... mind your please and thank-you (you are, after all a form of representative of the service) don't get drunk, try to pick up someone's girlfriend / wife or start a fight and throw chicken legs or disco equipment at anyone.

Leave that to the DJ. :rolleyes:

Just be mindful of the things that the dj will not be able to keep their eyes on, including health and safety, such as when there is a lively crowd who are edging towards the gear when dancing. Nobody wants the fun to stop, and likewise, nobody wants to have to pick a clump of scalp or flesh out of the gear if they've fallen on the rig.

If the DJ has any business cards, he / she may appreciate that you pass on if there are requests for a card but other than that, I'd keep an open mind as every gig is different and after attending a few gigs, you'll get the experience / idea.

Oh, and don't wear white socks! tongue out icon

Have fun. :djuhi:

dont go with the daughter before he gets payed.

Thanks for that - it went very well. I only stayed with him for 1 hour but came away extremely confident of my own ability and set up. My lights leave a lot to be desired but I'm working on that - as I've said in another thread.

I just can't wait to get started in earnest! :Thumbup: