Dj's United

27th - 01 March

Just wondering has this 'feature' died down because the slow-ness of gigs or bookings this time or year? :zzz:

Or is there less users looking here these days? ;thumbdown: :grouphug:

:( :sad: :scared:

Ive got one gig this weekend nothing special just a Saturday night gig in the club that used to have things on more often... Not a big earner tbh but it still nice to get out .

Oh and a song try Def Leppard - Rocket. Classic perm rock!!!!!

Edited by djgb

club work every other weekend until the end of the year , it gets a little boring writing ,Friday - club and saturday - club !!!!!!

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

club work every other weekend until the end of the year , it gets a little boring writing ,Friday - club and saturday - club !!!!!!

Ok fair enough :thumbsup: Ive just noticed that things seem a little quiet thats all?

Wondering whether its seasonal or just a sign of the times?

THanks G

:thanks:

Same for me every week

Thursday- karaoke (getting back to norm after the xmas)

Friday- My resident again 9 till 2, heavin it was.....

Got a few weddings coming up so all sweet..... :cow:

stu

Howay the lads

Startrax

www.toon-talk.co.uk

I have parents and my children visiting, so nothign this weekend.

However, I've taken 5 bookings for my local pub today, and have a confirmation for a party later this year come through - so a good day...

Busy next weekend, so not too quiet.

Last nights (Fri) Party was my biggest gig this year so far, wet hire PA and light rig for an 18th birthday bash with 300+ guests. A couple of his mates played the music and I did the lights, it was a great party. I got two definate bookings and several enquiries for similar events, all in all a good night.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/pe7en/Blog/P10.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/pe7en/Blog/P14.jpg

The PA and lights being set up and checked, plus the guys mixing the choons

Kit supplied: PA - 4 x SWA 1501's and 2 x SA1521's, Lighting - 4 x MX4's, 2 x Acrobats, 1 x SynchroZap, 1 x Ego 5 (for ceiling) + stands, truss and hazer

Edited by disco4hire

New Site Clouds Disco

40th Birthday last night on roll with 40ths and 50ths at the moment which I,m happy with.

Haven't had to play any top 40 #$#$ in a while.

Had Brothers Johnson / Stomp requested which was a forgotten track but great to play again

Had 2 storming nights and finished off last night with the new Prodigy single - Omen , the place exploded !

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

@ Disco4Hire - that is a nice set up. My only piece of advice (it isn't meant or aimed as a criticism) looking at the photo's would be to obtain a couple of lengths of black stage cloth to drape over the fronts of those tables. I realise that you are only hiring out the kit, but £10 spent on a few metres of stage drapery could make a hell of a lot of difference and hide the flightcases and boxes etc. smile icon

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

@ Disco4Hire - that is a nice set up. £10 spent on a few metres of stage drapery could make a hell of a lot of difference and hide the flightcases and boxes etc. smile icon

Thank you, it impressed the hirers on the night too, I know what you mean about hiding the cases ect, the guys on the stage supplied the play out kit and I assumed they would have brought a booth with them :aa

We did tidy the set up a bit before the gig kicked off

New Site Clouds Disco

Saturday was a fantastic (but long day) with a 10am setup. Met the band who were a really nice bunch and sorted out space between us on the stage. Setting up took about 2 hours by the time we got everything sorted. Returned to the venue at 2.30pm. Met the toastmaster, another surprise as it wasn't mentioned before that there was going to be one but we got along fine and he thanked me for my help before he left.

Meal was supposed to start at 4pm and be finished by 6pm when the band was supposed to start. Speeches didn't actually finish until 8pm. I started the background music at 3pm as originally requested as a few guests turned up that didn't go to the church and started to struggle a bit to think of what to play as I had to carry on until 7pm while they were still eating.

The band were pretty good (more of a funk style than a wedding band though) but struggled to get anyone up to dance for the first set. They done the first dance.

I got to do the father daughter dance and a few other things during their break (a few dedications, got everyone to sing happy birthday to a guest and played a CD that was made on the hen night after getting all the hens together to dance to it). Had a full floor up until the band took over and some of the band members seemed a bit put out (there were 6 in the band) that we got a full floor and they didn't.

This makes Disco4Hire setup look pretty tidy smile icon :

I did pump up the volume a bit thinking that the live band would be louder but as it turns out I was louder than them after the first set. They pushed up their volume for the second set and absolutely ruined the sound quality. It was almost painful to listen to (they had 2 Mackie SRM 450 Mk1 and a Mackie bass bin FOH and various oddments for the back line).

Tried to get a picture of where we were set up which was the far corner but it came out too dark:

Band finished their second set at about 10.45 and we carried on up until the 12.15 finish but at 11.15 disaster struck. All sound went from the tops. Quickly prodded around and checked all leads were connected but then noticed the signal lights on the amp was out (power light was on). Touched the top of the amp and it was hot enough to fry an egg on. After about a minute it cooled a bit and came back on again. I rushed out to get a spare amp and as I was walking back to the stage, it cut out again. Managed to get the spare amp plugged in and cables swapped over in about two minutes but got quite a bit of heckling.

Only two Irish tracks I played were Tell Me Ma , Irish Rover.

Ended up finishing at 12.25 as they wanted just one more. I said I couldn't because the venue manager wants us all out by 1pm but the rat bag said no rush as they wouldn't be tidying up until the next day as it wasn't booked again until Tuesday.

This all started off as an enquiry last October to just play for 3 hour after the band had finished.

Have since checked the amp that overheated and all the fans are working fine, dust filters are still as good as new (only the third time I've used it) so no idea why it did.

Edited by TonyB

Friday - set up for The South West's biggest wedding show.

Saturday - At the show, saw 1000 plus people

Sunday - Same show, saw another 2000 people

Gave out over 1000 leaflets and 500 cards.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

Hi,

I had a Fancy dress 21st on saturday working with 2 bands so an easy night for me,

finished the night with The Lonely Island's "Jizz in my pants" www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4. followed by Darude Sandstorm and had the place bouncing out the door !

David M. djdavid@digitaldiscoservices.com

Friday - set up for The South West's biggest wedding show.

Saturday - At the show, saw 1000 plus people

Sunday - Same show, saw another 2000 people

Gave out over 1000 leaflets and 500 cards.

was the wedding show just outside exeter by any chance ?

Yep - Why, did you attend ?

Your Big Event

I had a very un-eventful weekend, gigs all merge into one after a bit.....

How many definates Andy, based on 3000+ attendees? And is that 3000+ couples or 3000+ individuals?

3000 tickets sold, all leaflets given out, just need to wait for the telephone to ring now.

That was the second wedding fair in two weeks, I have another two dayer coming up, then a couple of one dayers too.

So 7 days of fairs in a month should produce some good bookings.

Your Big Event

Quiet weekend for me to... Although last night I was working with disabled people of all ages and that was fun. Charged them cheaper as it was a Monday night and Im a prefered supplier. So to keep manager happy I did it cheaper than usual. On that amount I could not afford the roady so lighting wise I put off my kids party lights (consiting of 2 vastos, 2 vangos and 4 parcans).

What a wonderful night. The people were great, organisers were great and I was seen by some high up people in social services. Only one thing I regret, my LED star cloth is away for repair at the moment! Used a cloth to cover the front of my Giraffe 4foot stand. Requests ranged from Whitney Huston to Led Zeppelin to Lady Gaga!

And as I type im off on a 3 day break to see a friend in Essex!

GDK Entertainments

Raising The Standards In Entertainment

M 0783 529 5169

E info@gdkentertainments.co.uk