Dj's United

Q) For Those Who Hire Out Disco Equipment

For those who dry hire disco equipment to clients,

Q1) Do you find that clients quibble, query and shop around for prices, more or less in relation to dry hire than they perhaps would for a complete mobile disco with DJ?

Q2) Are you finding the demand for hire equipment increased because of the recent situation with the economy?

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

For those who dry hire disco equipment to clients,

Q1) Do you find that clients quibble, query and shop around for prices, more or less in relation to dry hire than they perhaps would for a complete mobile disco with DJ?

Q2) Are you finding the demand for hire equipment increased because of the recent situation with the economy?

Q1/ Less, but it's a different market all together, it's not infested with kids and wannabes, but it is more business like and you must be commercially competitive and aware, it's not a solution for a failing mobile jock to increase their earnings. There are risks involved that aren't present in a conventional mobile DJ situation. I personally know one semi local DJ who has lost most of his kit to a thief posing as a customer.

Q2/ Yes, but, that is from the bottom end of the market, the people who are intent on spending the minimum possible. Personally I have no interest in involvement at that level of the market, I've set my basic kit prices at the lowest, commercially viable level I'm prepared to accept. I'm quite happy to put the phone down on enquirers trying to reduce this further, it's hard work making a living out of the terminally skint, I'll leave that to others. The hire market is in many ways similar to the mobile market, there are many levels, and you need to commit serious capital to compete at the higher levels, and the lowest levels aren't worth competing for.

New Site Clouds Disco