Dj's United

How many Megabites are MP3+G files? Im thinking of doing a converting service for people, Im thinking of saying a max of 10 CD+G disks per CD, ie. to cover myself incase i get sent CD+G disks with 15 tracks on.

But walking before I can run - Is this idea legal?? I will be saying original disks only

Thanks Richard

Chalet to let - PM me for details!! see here: www.freewebs.com/eastchalet

How many Megabites are MP3+G files? Im thinking of doing a converting service for people, Im thinking of saying a max of 10 CD+G disks per CD, ie. to cover myself incase i get sent CD+G disks with 15 tracks on.

But walking before I can run - Is this idea legal?? I will be saying original disks only

Thanks Richard

The size varies depending on the length of the song and the bit rate.

As your doing it for profit (that's what i read into service) i think this will be illegal and it certainly is for soundchoice discs as they don't allow any conversion of there karaoke tracks.

Its the manufacturer's that own the rights to the tracks so you need permission from them, zoom and laughing gnome karaoke only give you personal permission for you as an individual to convert them as long as you own the originals and don't use the converted and the originals at the same time now i would imagine they would not look kindly on people making profit from converting there tracks when they don't receive any part of that profit..

when MP3+G toolz and Audiograbber are widely available and free and easy to use is there a demand for such a service ?

(on another note did you get my pm for you to send the list again?)

Edited by Robster
Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26