Dj's United

Did my first gig on fri and what a night it turned out to be..was a bit shy on the mic but let the music speak for itself..only real probs i had was my mic levels and what not(karaoke mics wasnt turned up whoops!)

Luckily for me they pretty much just wanted dance and RnB all night which suited me fine!!

Tried one 80's track which was im your man and got one person dancing lol,all in all most said it was a brill night! Ive been on a high ever since and cant wait to get another booking now..I love it lol!!

Obviously i am expecting different challenges but as i get more confident( especailly on th mic) i think im capable ov handling it...Thanks again to this site which helped me a lot with all the advice!! :thanks:

Well done!

Speaking on the mic does get easier. If you can introduce the party and yourself at the start- invite any requests, you'll find subsequent announcements easier.

I've recently found it easier to come out from behind the kit - less of a barrier between "us and them".

Its also worth bearing in mind what your client wants - some may want a DJ that chats between tracks, cracking jokes and so on, others want key announcements only, leaving you to do the music.

If you heard comments of "best night ever", you did a good job. Mic levels, Mic chat was obviously not a problem for them - only for you. We're often our worst critic - which is good (IMO!)

Next time, you'll make sure the mic levels are right!

Cheers...to be honest i dont think i will ever be a Dj that waffles on lol,I do like a laugh and a joke but i just like getting down to the music and key announcements,was kacking meself at the opening speech though haha

• 3 weeks later...

Well done kevvy B

Time and experience will help, i still get anxious after 3 years and make the occasional blunder........we all do. Its not easy but making a few quick gags out of what ever is happening there and then certainly helps.

If i do something wrong i usually say there we go folks professional dj in action or i did that on purpose to see if you were paying attention.

The old 'dj box jingle' cd's are full of daft comments and quirky bits to help

Dave

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Glad you enjoyed it!

smile icon

Keep us all posted about the next gig!

I will defo keep you all posted!

Got a charity event in May its a Masqerade which should be interesting!

Thought I would take this gig because local newspapers will be there so free advertising!