Dj's United

Do You Guarantee A Packed Dance Floor?

One of my pet hates in life is the use of the word Garantee. The only thing you can guarantee in life is that you will die, and I think scientists are working on that one...

Imagine my frustration when I see something like this on a web site (edited):

:cense: DJ "XX" will guarantee a packed dance floor!!

How can any DJ guarantee a packed dance floor or words to that effect under the new Fair trading regulations ? isn't this miss-leading?

Nik

Edited by Dukesy

I can guarantee an empty dance floor.

Oo, self-confidence at an all-time low!

[insert quirky comment]

I take my own 6" x 6" dancefloor.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

...at the wrong venue.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

This too is a petty hate of mine.

Do You Guarantee A Packed Dance Floor? NO

i have taken over many of a residency when the previous host guaranteed to bring the customers in ..they often do for the first two weeks with there mates and karaoke cronies. ..then it goes dead

Why would any DJ/KJ promise and guarantee that they can do something that they can't 100% back up.

I was told by a very wise shop owner i once worked for that the way to get customers and keep them is to... under promise and over deliver.. His great advice has served me very well through the years.

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

• 3 months later...

Again what a ridiculous statement!! No DJ can guarantee a packed dance floor no matter how experienced you are. It depends on the atmosphere of the crowd and the DJ's ability to read them to get the dance floor moving. I have played for crowds who have really enjoyed being at the venue and danced pretty much straight away and I have played for crowds who really can't be bothered and would rather talk to friends all night. I have found that if you can get the girls up dancing the rest is generally easy because the blokes will like sheep follow suit.

:cheers: Rapmeister

Experienced Motown & Northern Soul Mobile DJ

..........Ask Thomson, Airtours or Butlins if they'll guarantee a rain free holiday :D

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

I can guarantee an empty dance floor.

Oo, self-confidence at an all-time low!

I think Big Ben needs a bit of support chaps!!

We've all been there Ben....its part of the job!!

..........Ask Thomson, Airtours or Butlins if they'll guarantee a rain free holiday :D

Ok ....apart from a short stint at The El Griego in Torremelinos and The Bahamas (in the 60's) Butlins have never been abroad.

However they do guarantee there will be something to do all the time......even if it is chucking it down.A possible parrellel to the dance floor scenario.

If they are not dancing....get them clapping.Shang -A- Lang,Come on Eileen,We Will Rock You....Penny Arcade (Black Lace).Just let them know you are there and you are trying...they'll love you for it!!

That's assuming he hasn't sought and found solace in Beach Head, considering he typed that in MARCH! :rolleyes:

Butlins have never been abroad

Nice Try, but that was my point in including it entirely. The Uk is not exactly known for its sunshine record is it????

Dukesy, can we have a tongue in cheek smiley please :rolleyes:

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

• 3 weeks later...

Straying ever-so slightly off the main topic here but does anyone else appreciate the twisted irony of playing a track that encourages the clientele to "Evacuate the Dancefloor"?

JB's MUSIC MACHINE

Mobile Party & Function DJ covering the South & South-West area

Tel: 07904 265620 or visit www.jbmusicmachine.co.uk

Straying ever-so slightly off the main topic here but does anyone else appreciate the twisted irony of playing a track that encourages the clientele to "Evacuate the Dancefloor"?

Ha yeah, Played this the other day and one guy looked over and I could see him saying "Really?"

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Which is why I play Stealers Wheels Stuck in the middle

"I don't know why I came here tonight, I got the feeling that something ain't right"

best Avoid There may be trouble ahead at weddings though..........

I would never guarantee a packed dance floor. I think anybody with a bit of experience could easily recall a night where you played every request and did everything you possibly knew to get people up dancing and either managed to get a handful of people up for 5-10 minutes at a time or didn't get anybody dancing at all.

However, most of those evenings hopefully ended with people thanking you for a good night.

Many factors influence whether you get a packed dancefloor or not. I've been a guest at quite a few parties this year and two of them were on two of the warmest evenings of the year (one on that glorious weekend in late March and the other a few weekends ago). Frankly even though I wanted to dance to most of the songs played at both parties, it was far too warm to do that. That's just one factor.

Which is why I play Stealers Wheels Stuck in the middle

"I don't know why I came here tonight, I got the feeling that something ain't right"

best Avoid There may be trouble ahead at weddings though..........

Stuck in the middle with you can be such an apt track to play at times!

I've often thought that Candi Staton's 'Young Hearts Run Free' is a somewhat daft track to play at weddings considering the first lines of the first verse. Admittedly it is a track that tends to appeal to a large cross-section of wedding party guests but those lyrics!