Dj's United

One Dj Who Has Tried A New Approach

Hi all in these times of diversification wherer we are offering more than just a DJ service people are coming up with some wonderfull ideas to stay afloat and indead ahead of the competition one such DJ has taken a very interesting step to be that little bit different

Full story here

Your thoughts and comments...

Nik

I hope it works for him. I've often thought about disco buses/lorries. You can drive to the punters house, pick them up first and then go an pick all the guests up in turn. Drive somewhere nice, have a party, barbecue or spit roast :eek: and then take everyone home.

Toilets were always a stumbling block though!

[insert quirky comment]

Old SKool discos wiv fancy dress.....hmmmm#

St trinnins nights.

Mind u.you wouldent be able to drive with ppl dancing for saftey reasons and im sure the law states that ppl are to be seated and seat belts used whilst in motion.

I thought about this around a year ago using a 53-seater style coach, however, with all the limo-type options and possible insurance implications(drunk gets up whilst vehicle moving, decides they want to dance, falls ar*e over elbow and sues etc) i decided against it.

only a metter of time before some fixed penalty or other is introduced to make this sort of thing illegal. Heaven forbid people start enjoying themselves whilst being driven around, no doubt there is already the possibility of the driver being prosecuted for a noise nuisance due to the onboard PA blaring as it coasts through town.

In some states within the United States it is illegal to have an open can / container of alcohol in the vehicle regardless of whether its being held or drunk by a passenger. Should only be a matter of time before something similar gets introduced over here :ads: and for the limo companies, that would be as detrimental as the smoking ban was to pubs.

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Not gonna be cheap and start a list of what he should play...

Oh go on then....

Keep on Running ... Spencer Davis

Don't Stop me Now...Queen

Keep on Moving.....S club 7

The wheels on the bus go round & round.....

Not a new idea at all.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

I hope it works for him. I've often thought about disco buses/lorries. You can drive to the punters house, pick them up first and then go an pick all the guests up in turn. Drive somewhere nice, have a party, barbecue or spit roast :eek: and then take everyone home.

Toilets were always a stumbling block though!

I don't know about the UK.....but this scenario definitely exists on mainland Europe....and is quite a normal alternative to the way which it would be done here!

Cheers!

Roy B.

Digital Distortion Disco (D3 Entertainments)

See you around!

My daughter is going to a party on a bus in a week or so's time. I think it just parks outside their house though for the duration of the party, rather than picking people up and driving them around ...

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Is it just me???

Haven't priced it up yet but looking at his overheads lets reckon he's gonna charge £150 an hour.

For the life of me I could never imagine paying that to drive from Barnsley to Sheffield and back again.

For £30 when I am abroad I can spend all day on a boat with all the food and drink I want...swimming with the Dolphins etc.

I get enough attention without having a big yellow bus pull up outside my gaff.

If its alright with you if I ever feel the need to have really loud music playing as I'm travelling I'll just turn my in-car entetairnment up.

Not a killjoy......but can't see the point??

Is it just me???

Not a killjoy......but can't see the point??

It's just a novelty factor, surely. I can see it's fun applications, maybe not for my generation, but the youngsters will love it! Bit like Limo rides really. I would never want to do that either, but it sure is popular.

What Kingy really wants is one of those free standing hairdryers in woman's salon playing Val Doonican.

Not that he has any use for it.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

What Kingy really wants is one of those free standing hairdryers in woman's salon playing Val Doonican.

Not that he has any use for it.

I'm sorry, do I know you.........

and your DJs for the night.....

http://www.elstreecalling.co.uk/jackandstanonmanorway.jpg

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'