Dj's United

Need-a-disco, Uk-parties And Dj-mark

I've just recieved an email from them asking me to subscribe for £39 for a year.

I have been using the 'free' offer for the past 4 months, and have only had 2 enquiries off them, both enquiries came on the same days as they sent bulk mails asking for subscriptions, coinsidence!, both enquiries were very vague and not worth chasing either.

What experiences have you had with them?

Jim

I have an account tith GoodParty and managed to get quite a bit of work off it last year.

This year I haven't seen a single enquiry worth buying on there. I haven't changed any of my preferences either, so Casper mustn't be getting the enquiries in, maybe all the directories are quiet this year.

Jim

All people are asking for is bands on goodparty

WWW.HONKYTONKSULTIMATEDISCOS.COM

All people are asking for is bands on goodparty

I agree with Lee. Nothing there for me, just lots of Band requests.

Compared to last year, when could see lots of gigs its currently very poor.

I've widened my coverage area and spanning most pricebands - still nothing..

Just wondering, as I have never even looked at the site, what % of these enquiries does anyone actually convert into a cast iron booking at a decent price? Curios.

Just wondering, as I have never even looked at the site, what % of these enquiries does anyone actually convert into a cast iron booking at a decent price? Curios.

Last year I probably had something like a 25% success rate.

The thing is that was picking which bookings I thought were convertable. This year I haven't bothered with anything at all that has been advertised.

Jim

Used Goodparty and agree, alot of Band requests. I have a large area for coverage

Used Need-a-disco and have had 2 enquires, agree that details are very vague

I still think that people use these kind of things in order to obtain numorous quotes in the fastest possible time with an aim to creating a temptation in the form of a dutch auction between the several Dj's who have quoted. Can anybody honestly hold their hands up and honestly state that they HAVE NEVER ONCE been asked / cajooled / hinted or even succumbed to such practices when sending a reply to a client who has contacted them via such services. Anybody care to say with what frequency does it happen? and does it happen more or less than enquiries gained perhaps through their own websites?.

I would also imagine that this would explain why the conversion rate would be low. But whether the conversion rate and quality (budget) of the enquiries to each individual using the service actually justifies the fee and effort is entirely a personal decision.

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

I had great success with Goodparty last year much more so than with WDJA. But this year it seems to just be bands with a DJ as an after thought. As stated in another post one gig has brought me in £1400 to date and they have expressed an interest again this year. I have had some good gigs from it paying upto £575.

But as with Jim have not purchased a single enquiry so far this year I have £11 on my Goodparty account from last year so Casper aint made much from me so far.

I have never had any one from Goodparty ask if I could do it cheaper and I would say my hit rate was about the same as Jims.

Nik