Dj's United

Peavey Eurosys 500xt Bassbins

Hi

I'm looking for some bass bins to have in case I need more sound for bigger venues etc.

I seen these on Ebay and wondered if anyone has any experience with them?

From what I can find out they are a budget (ish) Peavey speaker and don't use the Black Widow driver and use jack plug sockets rather than Speakon.

As I say I only intend to have the bassbins as a backup in case I need them on bigger gigs.

Any thoughts on these gratefully received.

It all depends on what you want to achieve, you cant expect fantastic results from cheap gear.

They are peavey's cheaper model but £100 for a pair of 500w bass bin is reasonable and they may be just as good as a new set of budget bass bins from other manufactuers which could cost £300+

You would get better performance by using an external crossover and 2 amps with an eq thrown in

I have a pair of hisys 115 xt bins and they have only been out twice in the last year and i bought them just in case.

What cabs have you got at the moment

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

It all depends on what you want to achieve, you cant expect fantastic results from cheap gear.

They are peavey's cheaper model but £100 for a pair of 500w bass bin is reasonable and they may be just as good as a new set of budget bass bins from other manufactuers which could cost £300+

You would get better performance by using an external crossover and 2 amps with an eq thrown in

I have a pair of hisys 115 xt bins and they have only been out twice in the last year and i bought them just in case.

What cabs have you got at the moment

Cheers for the reply Dave

I've got the NJD 561's at the moment.

I'm looking at running the bass bins with a separate amp.

I've heard those make of bins and they sounded better than the Peavey ul bins I own.

So these appear nice and cheap.

they are the same make....

and theres no way on earth these will outperform the UL bass bins

these Eurosys bins are only 250watts each, the UL's are 500watts and will blow them away

Personally, i wouldnt bother with these cabs, you can get Peavey Hisys (500watts RMS) cabs pretty cheap, if you are going to lump a big bass cab around, 250w is pretty weak. I picked up a pair of peavey Hisys 118 cabs (500watts 18") for approx £200 in amazing condition, they are up for sale all the time