Dj's United

This one was a bit cheacky walk in to a wedding drees hire shop to give some cards to them. Gave the bride a card a cheaky kiss. Told here to hire some one good as this is a big day. Got a call about 2 weeks later was told she got ride of the dj and band and booket me she said she thort i was a bit cheeky but like the way i did it. I now hope i am good lol.

anyone done enything cheeky like that if so tell all

A DJ IS NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS HE'S FOR LIFE

www.bpmdiscos.co.uk

we are here only for the music

This one was a bit cheacky walk in to a wedding drees hire shop to give some cards to them. Gave the bride a card a cheaky kiss. Told here to hire some one good as this is a big day. Got a call about 2 weeks later was told she got ride of the dj and band and booket me she said she thort i was a bit cheeky but like the way i did it. I now hope i am good lol.

anyone done enything cheeky like that if so tell all

I take it the gig above was last night Sat 25th April 2009 as stated in another post, so how did it go...

Amazing I bet....... :rolleyes:

Nik

hi all

well yes it was last night and a great night got payed and for taking anther djs job. I asked why she booked me

1 she saved money

2 I was told the ather dj was rude not very helpfull/friendly and well over priced nerly £1000. As family and friends keep telling them. ( i am sorry you can book a night club for that ). So she was looking and i was in the right place at the right time. As for contracts i have no idear on his but she sighen mine The bride had allso cut down on cattaring and for the band she was not happy thay were £900. I did not see them so I can not comment .

but the bride and grome moned about them all night .So i hat to make there night which i didi did get anther booking out of it.The bg recomedid me to friends

djshyboy

ps if u are asking why i am up so early going fishing

I have set this post visible for members to see but I do feel your opening yourself up for a rough responce, (Mods you may need to keep an eye on this post).... Nik Andrews

Edited by Nik Andrews

www.bpmdiscos.co.uk

As someone else stated...not my style peronally, but it got you a job...so :Thumbup:

You could argue that there wasn't really a case of stealing, because you couldn't be sure that the bride had already booked Dj, catering etc..........

Cheers!

Roy B.

Digital Distortion Disco (D3 Entertainments)

See you around!

To the OP:

I guess you need to consider how you would feel if you lost a booking at short notice.

What would have happened if your client didn't cancel the other DJ, and you both turned up?

I wonder if the original DJ had a contract in place- your client may have to pay for him anyway.

These are just some things to consider. We've all seen a better deal shortly after buying something, but when booking a service and entering an agreement (verbal or written), it is a contract. This should be honoured.

I suspect the main reason for swapping is price. By the sounds of it, you did a good job. If her friends ask for a DJ, you may be recommended as "the cheap one" where from a business standpoint, you should be aiming for "great dj".

ALL - Please keep this thread professional, I don't want to have to lock it down.

I have lost gigs but thay pay in the contract. I have just spoke to the client thay did not sign a contract

for him thay say he was very vage in what he could do for them. Thay could never get hold of him and never met him. The bg was thinking of cancaling him but did not think there was anyone eals. (Better the deavil you know) not allways the case. The band did not play what the bg wanted played rock and blues not what the bg wanted. I did knot now at the time that the bg had a dj it was just a cheeky kiss and card. As i said i was just dilvering more card to the shop.

djshyboy

www.bpmdiscos.co.uk