Dj's United

Smaller Back-up Mixer Recommendations

Want to cut down on bulky back-up equipment, and I want a small back-up mixer to see me through in an emergency. Something I can slip into a small box. Something cheap will do.

Any recommendations?

How about something like a Numark CDMIX type of job to shrink your backup stock even further?

That's exactly what I use, CMJ. I used to carry around a spare mixer and spare cd players. Then I saw this. It's a four channel mixer with built in dual CD players that also play CD-G's all in its own flight case. I own the original KMX01 but this has now been superseded with the KMX02.

They do CD players that play MP3 CD's too - CDMIX3.

The quality isn't Denon but what do you want for three hundred notes!?!? :D

[insert quirky comment]

You mean balanced outputs? I doubt you'll get a genuine cheapie with these. Does it really matter if its just a backup mixer? Whats the budget?

Yes balanced outputs :nbow: I only want to spend about £100 for emergency use only.

dunno qhwther you have spare rack space but i hae a Cortex Mix 1ru. As the name suggests it is a 1u mixer and will get you out of trouble. My 'spare rig' is only 4u and is held inside an shallow 4u abs case ready to go

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos

Found a link to the Cortex MIX 1RU.

http://www.djkit.co.uk/product.php?id=4582

It does have balanced output, which is one of the reasons why I chose it. That and the size of the unit.

£134 with the coupon code on the site, which isn't cheap, but it has got everything I need which means I don't need alternative cabling etc, just plug and play should the worst happen.

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos

The Denon mentioned states balenced outputs

* 2 channels

* 5 inputs (including mic)

* 3 band channel eq with kill

* Gain controls

* Master pan control

* Replaceable crossfader

* Split / master cue headphone monitoring options

* Balanced 6.3mm (1/4") jack outputs

* Rca (phono) outputs

* Black finish

* 19" rack mountable, 2u

Jim

You can get converters or make up the leads to convert the 1/4" jack to XLR, the 1/4" jacks will be "stereo" type.

Jim

worth doing indeed at that price for a new Denon mixer

Just a quick one in regard to the Denon mixer, are these actually made by someone else and badged as Denon, Im sure Ive seen the same product as something else? Just a wee looky, re-badged Citronic CDM 2:2?? Didnt think Denon would be party to this kinda thing? Still a good price however, certainly a lot smaller than my Urei 1605!!

I'd keep hunting, especially if the budget is to also cover a case to put the mixer in!

Have you seen this?

Might go for under £80.00?