Dj's United

Hi all

Whilst the Mackies are very reliable, I think I need to acquire a spare Active speaker for emergency use only. i don't really want to shell out £350 for another Mackie speaker which i might not ever use. Just 1 which if needed will get me through 1 gig or 2 whilst running repairs are made.

Rob

A DJ@ member purchased the Behringer Eurolive B215A and is extremely happy, maybe a second hand system is worth investing in?

I can also recommend the Eurolive's too as I have a pair - used just for rear sound reinforcement purposes in larger halls and marquees. I found them excellent value for money, and don't seem to suffer too much from the 'toppy' bright treble that plastic cabs in this price range often suffer from :Thumbup:

People are quick to compare a pair of £330 speakers with others costing £800 or £900 and this is NOT a fair comparison, and like comparing a Fiat Panda to a Jag :rolleyes: . With the Behringer you do get quite a decent 15" active speaker with a nice bass response and no 'in yer face' treble. I'd happily compare them to others in the medium £300 - £500 price bracket as I feel (having demo'd several) that they are quite a fierce contender, and the cheaper end of the price equation if you buy them from the right place.

I got mine from here http://www.whybuynew.co.uk/Behringer-B215A...e-Speakers.html

(During one of the rare times that they ACTUALLY HAD STOCK :rolleyes: )

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

I can also recommend the Eurolive's too as I have a pair - used just for rear sound reinforcement purposes in larger halls and marquees. I found them excellent value for money, and don't seem to suffer too much from the 'toppy' bright treble that plastic cabs in this price range often suffer from :Thumbup:

I got mine from here http://www.whybuynew.co.uk/Behringer-B215A...e-Speakers.html

Same here, I use the Behringer Eurolive B215A for my budget hire stock, and have been delighted with them, taking the price into account, (£350 new, guaranteed a year and delivered) IMO they can't be beat. Performance wise they sound OK on their own but when I run them with a mackie 1501 sub they sound great.

Edited by disco4hire

New Site Clouds Disco

Have just received through the post blurb about Tapco Thump apparently they are designed by Mackie may be worth a punt.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Have just received through the post blurb about Tapco Thump apparently they are designed by Mackie may be worth a punt.

they are not in the same league!!

Tapco are quick to associate themselves with Mackie, yet Mackie are quick to distance themselves, what does that tell you?

Also Mackie doesnt have any Tapco spares in the UK, every spare part is ordered from the far east and the waiting time is approx 3 months

they are not in the same league!!

Tapco are quick to associate themselves with Mackie, yet Mackie are quick to distance themselves, what does that tell you?

Also Mackie doesnt have any Tapco spares in the UK, every spare part is ordered from the far east and the waiting time is approx 3 months

Not the sort of thing that we would use just saw the price and thought could be good as a back up.

I would say that spares wouldn't be a problem simply speakers in the US seem to keep them, not that you shouldn't need them if they are only being used as a backup.

But I know what you mean about the asscociation bit.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

I would recommend the behringer speakers, i would however go for the b215A rather than the B212A. I have been running these for around a year now and cannot fault them. perfect for my requirements

I would recommend the behringer speakers, i would however go for the b215A rather than the B212A. I have been running these for around a year now and cannot fault them. perfect for my requirements

Yes these look a decent buy

• 1 year later...

What did you go for in the end?

Lets not forget Thomann offer 3 years guarentee on all products. And cheaper to buy with exchange rate.

Good Rockin Daddy (Chris)

www.swingcats.co.uk

Music to dance to from 1930's to NOW! Shake your rude box.

Yeovil Somerset 0845 094 3757

RCF 722A's

Wow, so guessing they are now your main speakers while the mackies are in reserve?

Good Rockin Daddy (Chris)

www.swingcats.co.uk

Music to dance to from 1930's to NOW! Shake your rude box.

Yeovil Somerset 0845 094 3757