Dj's United

Voted 1997/98 best lighting effect.

Have an old one which I dug out the other day. Will take it out on the road at some point.

Anyone else use these?

I Suppose they're a bit dim by modern standards, but they're widely copied (eg the aforementioned and superior Spektronic Broken swing) so credit to abstract for this early 100W effect.

Edited by superstardeejay

Saw a band use one to give a bit of effect to the stage area, recently still very effective.

Abstract also had a more powerful version, the monster moon and used the prism/mirrors to great effect in the Cyclone. Martin also use the same idea for the Raptor.

Those who are unsure of what we're talking about, think of the acme firebird with just coloured dots instead of gobos.

John

Saw a band use one to give a bit of effect to the stage area, recently still very effective.

Abstract also had a more powerful version, the monster moon and used the prism/mirrors to great effect in the Cyclone. Martin also use the same idea for the Raptor.

Those who are unsure of what we're talking about, think of the acme firebird with just coloured dots instead of gobos.

John

I was a monster moon sell on ebay last week for £20!!!

You are correct to say that the prism were of a better quality on the Abstract/Martin lights.