Dj's United

anybody play golf?

I am looking to hold a charity golf day, (nothing to do with discos!) for a local youth organisation.

Anybody ever organised a golf day? Please help me! Contact me and we can discuss. I have no prior knowledge of golf. All I know is that I need to get 20 odd teams of 4 signed up at £250 each....ouch

ideas and advice please!

I am looking into bringing on board a consultant, that would take a percentage fee, but as its a charity I would rather avoid it. I am meeting one tomorrow tho.

DJ Jenx

www.JenxDisco.co.uk -

Is there a reason for it being a golf day?

To get the £5k you are relying on 80 people willing to stump up £60 odd quid each.

Some form of fun day with £1 entry, raffles, stall, fair rides etc would probably be an easier option.

You are more likely to get 1000 people to part with a fiver each.

Jim

Edited by Dream Catchers

yeah we are looking to purchase a large bit of equipment.

Whilst I agree in small scale fundraising, we already do a lot of that and raise over 7k a year needed to run the actual premises etc. But we need a further form of funding, and one form suggested was to hold an annual golf day. we are situated in a very good golfing town, and as such many of the businesses we deal with would be able to put up a team. But I just need to think of extra incentives to get them to agree.

With regards to costs, yes its true that basically a team of four would need to pay around £250. This is standard for golf days, and infact a recent one was charging £400 each and hit 80 people. Although they were a leading business and got a lot of big wigs and celebs involved.

I need to speak to someone who has actually organised one. How did you get the businesses interested, how did you source all the raffles prizes, what was in the auction .. etc etc.

DJ Jenx

www.JenxDisco.co.uk -

yeah we are looking to purchase a large bit of equipment.

Whilst I agree in small scale fundraising, we already do a lot of that and raise over 7k a year needed to run the actual premises etc. But we need a further form of funding, and one form suggested was to hold an annual golf day. we are situated in a very good golfing town, and as such many of the businesses we deal with would be able to put up a team. But I just need to think of extra incentives to get them to agree.

With regards to costs, yes its true that basically a team of four would need to pay around £250. This is standard for golf days, and infact a recent one was charging £400 each and hit 80 people. Although they were a leading business and got a lot of big wigs and celebs involved.

I need to speak to someone who has actually organised one. How did you get the businesses interested, how did you source all the raffles prizes, what was in the auction .. etc etc.

Maybe a good idea to have a word with your local courses first to see if they would be interested and ask their advise too.

This is not a rehearsal

This is it - grab it while you can.

Target companies and try and sell it as a 'team building' excercise :D . You might get lucky and find a business where the M.D's and directors' are big golf players and want to involve their staff in the 'art'.

I might be wrong here, but Youth Group and Golf don't really go hand in hand so the event and the end cause seem to be a little mismatched. A Wiii fundraising event maybe :D . I just think that businesses may find it a bit more appealing if it was targeted at funding for further education for young people or some sort of 'get young people into work'. I have noticed that when larger companies agree to sponsor or take part in events around here its usually targeted at some sort of careers or business drive rather than a generic cause.

Bearing in mind that companies get invited to sponsor and take part in events and support several different charites, many many times per year, support is now often limited only to the most deserving causes and the most unique ideas, so think about how you can make the event different - maybe golf in fancy dress, LOL.

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'