Dj's United

Hi all

I am undecided whether to invest in a compact 450watt fogger or look for say 1000watt.

I usually cover small/medium venues for up to 250 people max although 95% of my functions are for 100 people.

Is 450watt enough?

Hi all

Is 450watt enough?

In my opinion NO, but it depends on the size of room you are going to be using it in rather than the number of people. You might get away with it if the room's not ventilated and you don't mind waiting for the fog to build up.

New Site Clouds Disco

Are you sure you want a fogger and not an hazer? Don't forget that an awful lot of venues won't entertain (pun LOL) a fogger.

The wattage is the power needed for the heater and pretty much determines how long it takes to heat up.

When you operate it, the fluid going through the capillary in the heater chamber causes the heater to cool down (think of running a bath from an immersion heater on a small scale, the water starts to run cold) once the heater chamber has cooled to a certain point it will shut off and you need to wait for it to heat up again. The lower powered units have lower duty cycles than the higher power ones, ie they can only operate for a shorter period of time.

Jim

anybody know venues that allow hazers and not foggers, they seem virtually the same other that hazers are a bit lighter ( thinner effect) and use a fan .

Fog is VERY visible, haze is virtually invisible to the eye and only highlights the beams of lights. As an example of this, you will find when people advertise fog machines they tend to include a picture of the fog bellowing out of it, you never see that type of picture with haze machines, indeed most will even stress how "invisible" the haze actually is.

Just from experience, when mentioning FOG to venues they will normally say no, if you describe haze they tend to allow it.

Jim

Edited by Dream Catchers

I had a small fogger untill it died, I then got a 750w Hazer, as described earlier just sits in the background with the fan putting out out a nice thin filmm to make the lights look good, smells good with vanilla in as well.

Maybe if 450w is adequate for normal venues, maybe my concern is the efficiency of the pump used. ie would i be better buying a small Martin machine compared to say Skytec assuming the Martin's components will be of a higher standard?

I would go for a Hazer any day it brigs out your lighting far better where a smoke machine forms a thick fog.

Many venues have now banned smoke machines that we work in central London.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Ive had a Martin(or Jem - same company) machine for around 6 years, no probs. Just give its internal gubbins a clean once in a while and use good quality fluid(I use the Martin/Jem DJ mix fluid). Good quality fluid will burn better producing whiter, drier smoke. Grey smoke is a bit wet and tends to leave lighting insides sticky.