Dj's United

Abstract Madscan Mbi 150

Hi all I have got a 14 head DMX Abstract lighting system running off a daslight gold controller in a club, all works well except the 2 Mad scan MBI150´s, one is worse than the other.

All 4 motors flicker intermittently.

When the DMX is removed the heads go into stand alone mode perfectly. no flicker, so I guess this is not a power supply fault,

all the DMX connections are correct, tried isolating the DMX earth line, the other heads further down the line work perfectly.

The units worked perfectly on the bench with conventional DMX controller. I have not tried a conventional controller on the install

Just wondered if any of you have come across this before

Is the DMX line terminated correctly?

ie: a terminator on the last fixture.

Jim

Yep fully terminated, i think it may be to do with interference from the discharge lamp circuit, will try running the light without lamp fired later, and report back.

Yep fully terminated, i think it may be to do with interference from the discharge lamp circuit, will try running the light without lamp fired later, and report back.

tried the units without lamp today no change, added extra smoothing capacitor to the psu, no change, interestingly enough the unit worked fine on a dmx operator, could be that only 192 channels of data is sent as opposed to 512 on the daslight Nicolaudie box