Interview With Robert Griffiths - Robster
Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:29 PM
1. What is your DJU Forum Alias? Robster
2. What is your Real Name, Age, Location & Marital Status?
Robert Griffiths 38 married (possibly not in the future if the counselling doesnt work!)
3. What is the Name of your Disco /Service ?
4. How long have you been a DJ / entertainer?
started singing at 5 years old in working mens clubs ! started as a karaoke singer when i was 30 then did karaoke hosting covering for friend KJ's when they went on holidays or needed time off about five years ago ..went full time a year ago
5. What inspired you to become a DJ / entertainer?
I love to party and making people have fun
6. Are you a Full/Part Time DJ entertainer? If part time what else do you do?
7. What is your favourite type of function now? (eg: Wedding, 18th Birthday party, etc)?
i like them all from pub gigs to weddings
8. What’s the worst/most embarrassing thing you've done in front of an audience?
I played young hearts run free after the grandad had had a heart attack
9. If you could go back to the beginning of your DJ / entertainer career, is there anything that you'd do differently? (eg: The gear that you bought, the way you promoted/advertised yourself?)
I would believe in myself more
10. What do you feel you offer the public that convinces them to book you rather than "the next guy/girl"?
People seem to like me and that seems to be the main reason they book me. They like how i take the time to find out what they want and how they want it done , i turn up on time and am a fair price.
11. Have you ever bought something for your show that you wish you hadn't, and why?
a strobe light ..waste of time and dangerous used incorrectly
12. What's your next purchase likely to be disco equipment wise?
ALLEN & HEATH PA 12 CP
13. If you could get someone to invent a new piece of disco equipment for your show, what would it be?
led uv canon lights that dont degrade and wont give arc eye
14. What was the worst equipment failure suffered during a gig?
Mic leads breaking after customers swinging them
15. What do you think is the best thing about Djing / entertaining?
the laughs and fun
16. What do you think is the worst thing about Djing / entertaining?
the tax man and paperwork
17. What would make you stop DJing / entertaining (if anything)?
18. How do you think DJing (and DJ related) will change in the next 5 years?
There will be more extremes ie more cheap guys and more high end and fewer middle market segment guys due to the current financial climate
19. Most stupid thing anyone's ever said to you at a gig?
im going to shoot you in the face and burn your family (when i didnt get him up for a karaoke request next when there was a queue)
20. Best advice you were ever given by a fellow DJ / entertainer?
Dukesy's emails on how to get paid!
21. And worst advice you were ever given?!
You can never get over £100 for a gig around here..another local DJ
22. How do you keep up to date with music? (eg Digital Downloads, CDs, CD+Gs, DVDs, vinyl etc)
buy mp3 online and subscribe to cdg discs each month
23. Name 3 songs that 95% of the time will fill the dance floor for you!
inally - cee cee peniston
show me (the original) Robin S
Somebody elses guy-Jocelyn brown
24. One piece of advice you'd give to someone just starting out.
Be brave, go for it! and have fun.
25. What medium music format do you mainly use eg vinyl, CD, hard-drive, etc?
26. Have you embraced/adapted any ideas that you've read about on DJU - if so what?
mainly business matters
27. What is your best gig ever and your worst?
my best gig is my next one ..thats the attitude i have
the worst one was where grandad had a heart attack.
28. Apart from 'Word of Mouth' what is your main (most successful) form of advertising your disco / service?
my business card and facebook
29. Are you a member of a DJ Association / Union?
30. Have you ever had someone try to claim off you? (eg: Public Liability Insurance or other such legal action)
31. How many gigs do you do a year, how many would you like to do?
159 at present i want to do over 200
32. What is your average charge for a booking?
33. How many tracks do you believe you have in your music collection?
dont know never counted ..enough
34. How far do you travel from your base to perform as a DJ?
i wont travel over 30 miles one way
35. Do you use a roadie?
36. What's the largest audience you've performed in front of / for a whole gig(eg. 200 people, 300, 400?)
37. And what is the smallest audience you've performed in front of / for a whole gig (eg. 100 people, 75, 30?)
15 in a pub
38. What is YOUR favourite music genre (eg. Motown, Pop, Dance, Rock, etc?)
39. And what is your least favourite music genre?!
really heavy metal
40. What other services do you provide (if any) on top of being a DJ / entertainer (eg. Photography, chair covers service, MC, etc?)
'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'
Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:31 PM
Interesting - thanks for sharing!
Why Buy New - New, Ex-Demo and Graded Disco Equipment at below retail prices
CPC - Great Prices on Leads, Connectors, Consumables, Disco Equipment and Much More
Glow Brothers - Wholesale Distributors of Glow Sticks & Products
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users