Dj's United

Following on from anothe thread, this has never happened to me, but maybe it has for you! So have you ever had a DJ item catch fire?

Yes at a wedding I attended with my wife last year. A twister caught fire after a child filled the light with confetti.

this in turn set off the smoke alarms and we were all evacuated until the fire service gave the all clear.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

In the 70's I did manage to set a single x 12" on fire, well I let all the grey smoke out of the voice coil anyway LOL.

I was just using 2 of them and a small mono amp, I probable was overdriving the amp to cause it, luckily it was the final song of the night too.

Jim

I've only ever blown up triacs which resulted in a puff of smoke and quite a loud bang for such a small component.

No fires here, and probably best to keep it that way :)

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Nothing recently, although I once had a 8 head helicoptor which managed to get streamers from party poppers wrapped around it, stalling the motor unnoticed until it burned out. It gave a nice acrid bakelite kind of smell which lingered right to the end of the gig and probably beyond.

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

not had a fire just burnt fingers from kids touching the lights dont get that mush now i use leds as thay dont get hot

A DJ IS NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS HE'S FOR LIFE

www.bpmdiscos.co.uk

we are here only for the music

Yamaha P4500 Power Amp that was incapable of driving 4ohms bridged. Not exactly a hard load to control

Then you overloaded it by a factor of 100%. I'm not surprised it caught fire. You would be trying to pull nearly 2500W from a 1240W amp.

Well I've only been an electronic engineer for 30 years so maybe I have a lot to learn (TIC).

Electronics rarely catch fire, things do overheat, things do go bang, things also let out big puffs of grey smoke, but fire is not normally an issue.

I've seen motors that have caught fire, lights where paper or gel's have caught fire and speakers that have been on fire too.

:rant:

Jim