Dj's United

I have been looking through Ebay, Gumtree and E&M.

Why is it that some people think that their second hand gear is worth so much money.

Second hand pair CDJ1000's (MK1's) DJM600 flight cased on Ebay £2500 surely not worth that are they?

Pair of Gold plated Technics 1210 mk5 £2000

Pioneer DJM 800 (3 years old) £800

Pair Mackie SRM 450 V2 gigged twice £1050 ovno Pair if stands to suit £125 ovno Mackie Speaker covers £200 ovno

I just can get my head around some of the prices people think that second hand gear is worth or am i loosing touch with the second hand market. Looking at some of these prices I could buy new cheaper and sell them as second hand and make money.

:rant:

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

They can ask what they want, but they are wasting their time

This is true but I also did a completed search on Ebay and still can't get to grips with why do people pay more for second hand than the price new.

There are also 2 identical items one Buy It Now but the other auction price is higher with 2 hours to go !! So are people wasting their time?

Is it to do with people getting bid happy or are people not researching prices first.

Hence

Second hand pair CDJ1000's (MK1's) DJM600 flight cased on Ebay £2500 SOLD Buy It Now

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

surely if you had £2500 to spend you would save up and get the brand new models with a warranty and piece of mind.

Personally I couldn't drop anything like that kind of money over ebay (or the internet really) without trying something out first hand.

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos

This is true but I also did a completed search on Ebay and still can't get to grips with why do people pay more for second hand than the price new.

There are also 2 identical items one Buy It Now but the other auction price is higher with 2 hours to go !! So are people wasting their time?

Is it to do with people getting bid happy or are people not researching prices first.

Hence

Yes, eBay is a strange place, people occasionally pay more for S/H goods than they could have got them for new. At the same time, incredible bargains don't attract a bid, or they sell for silly low money. A couple of weeks ago I got a Martin synchrozap in excellent condition for just £62. If you have the time to search it several times daily, it's not too difficult to make a living from it.

New Site Clouds Disco

I have been looking through Ebay, Gumtree and E&M.

Why is it that some people think that their second hand gear is worth so much money.

I cant get onto Gumtree???? has it went down???

I find buying second hand gear better on Adtrader

You really Jimmy Saville?

LOL

S is for Scott ad he's about 40 years younger.

Slightly off topic, but I remember watching a program about a JS tribute act that moved over to Spain (I think the program was called Hazelnut Cottage or something).

I think he came from Jimmy's neck of the woods.

Jim

LOL

S is for Scott ad he's about 40 years younger.

Slightly off topic, but I remember watching a program about a JS tribute act that moved over to Spain (I think the program was called Hazelnut Cottage or something).

I think he came from Jimmy's neck of the woods.

Jim

Jimmy lives in Leeds and his mum used to have a flat in Scarborough

Did a fun run with the Jimmy many years ago

and sat in the traffic coming out of Scarborough with him sat in his gold Rolls Royce next to us chuffy on his cigar

Good Man

Used to listen to his Sunday show in the early 80's

• 2 weeks later...