Dj's United

Re-nameing Karaoke Tracks

Hi all,

Right, Ive added quite allot of karaoke disks of mine to my ext. hard drive, Some of them are named as in

File number - Track number - Artist - song title. But some of the older disks only come up as File name - track number, No artist or song title.

I am planning on using show presenter for the karaoke side and would therefore like all the karaoke tracks naming, Is there any software out there to do this?

Thanks, Richard...

Edited by Lag1Rich
Chalet to let - PM me for details!! see here: www.freewebs.com/eastchalet

I would recommend Tag & Rename.

It will extract the title and artist from the file-name. (with a bit of playing around) and then you can rename the file in any format you choose.

The beauty is that, certainly with the latest version, it also renames the .cdg file as well as the .mp3.

DJ Dale King

When you see light at the end of the tunnel, beware. It's probably someone with a torch, bringing you more hassle

I think Rob knows what im getting at..

Some currantly look like this...

I would like them all to look like this...

yep kslc does all that for you and it creates karaoke song books and it has updates for life for free..best £100 for a karaoke host you can spend .. i also use it to find what songs are on what discs so i know what to buy

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

yep kslc does all that for you and it creates karaoke song books and it has updates for life for free..best £100 for a karaoke host you can spend .. i also use it to find what songs are on what discs so i know what to buy

Hi Rob/All

Right, Ive managed to get hold of KSLC proffessional KJ edition 2008 with all updates, And I calnt see anything about re-nameing as above?

Please could someone talk me through it? Thanks Richard

Hi Rob/All

Right, Ive managed to get hold of KSLC proffessional KJ edition 2008 with all updates, And I calnt see anything about re-nameing as above?

Please could someone talk me through it? Thanks Richard

Does it not explain in the booklet that comes with it?

Where did you purchase it?

Jim

Does it not explain in the booklet that comes with it?

Where did you purchase it?

Jim

My freind baught it, last month but lost book!! Once I have sorted the disks I've gotta delete it so want to get them sorted ASAP plus got a karaoke comeing up 2moz!!

1) select the disc in KSLC. ( For example Sunfly 001 (SF001))

2) right-click on the line with the selected disc and choose "Rename files to Sunfly SF001-listing"

3) After a list is generated, a new menu appears where you can select the folder your disc is in and the format you want to rename (Disc-Track-Artist-Song or Disc-Track-Song-Artist)

4) Click the button "Auto-rename CDG and MP3"

5) Done!!

but as Jim says a email to support@airwer.com and they will help you with any issue

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

but as Jim says a email to support@airwer.com and they will help you with any issue

I think he already has done as in the last 5 mins after I rang him!! I expect he will recive an e-book or sommert!!

Thanks all!!

• 4 months later...

1) select the disc in KSLC. ( For example Sunfly 001 (SF001))

2) right-click on the line with the selected disc and choose "Rename files to Sunfly SF001-listing"

3) After a list is generated, a new menu appears where you can select the folder your disc is in and the format you want to rename (Disc-Track-Artist-Song or Disc-Track-Song-Artist)

4) Click the button "Auto-rename CDG and MP3"

5) Done!!

best to use MP3GToolz to zip the Mp3 + Graphics file first...rename the zipped files with KSLC and then Unzip Using MP3GToolZ. That way you don't get an error on number of files

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Paul

Scunthorpe

Paul's Karaoke Entertainment

Big Screen Karaoke

We Aim To Please