Dj's United

Bhangra - Tips From Those That Play It?

I have a gig next month that will be for an ethnically diverse range of people. (scientist types for a large NHS facility near me)

It's to provide background music for a Summer Fayre- I did this last year, but only for a few hours.

This year, its looking to be 6 hours...

There are many Asian people there, and I think some Bhangra would go down very well. (just before I put Chas n Dave on :joe: lol)

I'm also keen to break the night up a bit from the usual chart+oldies.

Does anyone play this style of music regularly? I can find a bunch of compilations on 7Digital, but don't know any artists to look out for. Ideally looking to get a few compilations (probably via 7Dig/Amazon/iTunes)

Thanks,

Jason

Edited by vokf

Hi there,

I've done a couple of Indian weddings and have mixed in some Bhangra. It works really well!

I don't have a lot but check out a CD called "Bar Bhangra", available on google shopping.. there are some good tracks on there, and another good tune is called "Desi Girl"

Have a good un!

Mike Butcher - Future Sound Discos

www.futuresounddiscos.co.uk

T: 0208 090 3459

M: 07828 702 545

Thanks Mike,

I can't find the Album on Amazon or 7Digital, so will get a round silver thing on Google.

I could find "Desi Girl" on Amazon, sounds a good one. One thing I hear from most of these tracks is that they normally have a very good beat.

Thanks again,

Jason

Ah yes the old round silver things!

Another good commercial track is Raghav - Angel Eyes and Panjabi MC - Mundian To Bach Ke... should be on itunes / amazon etc.

they are great fun to drop in at the right moment. good beats!

Mike Butcher - Future Sound Discos

www.futuresounddiscos.co.uk

T: 0208 090 3459

M: 07828 702 545