Dj's United

Weekend 12th - 14th June

Friday was a great night, I've worked with the same crowd four times now and they are allways up for a good time.

A really diverse mix of music from Whitesnake to Slim Whitman plus all the usual cheese.

Today I'm off to a BBQ at my uncles in Wrightington, not to sure what it will be like.

Jim

so much for retiring this year!!

The phone never stopped ringing so I have decided to give it another year and re assess it then.

shouldnt complain i suppose. All those years of hard work promoting myself still pays off.

So this weekend I have been doing a 40th a 60th and a wedding. Usual really.

I hear ya! :D

ps. They *did* ask for Cha Cha (and got up and danced with the guys elderly Aunt), Wigfield, and I even dropped in TimeWarp (I wanted to extend this set as long as possible, and its a nice change from YMCA).. This set filled the floor, but he wanted to end on some Ministry of Sound stuff then Prodigy..

There are only about 10 of those nailed on party dance records.We need more??

Here we go...

Britains got DJ.....DJ's got cheap gold teeth.....teeth got talent....in Britain??Britains got teeth talent...yeah yeah yeah!!

Edited by Abuse Controller

Hi everyone, very new to the site and enjoying reading the reviews of the weekends "gigs"

Playing in a function band ( and looking towards moving in to the dj side as well ) I can appreciate the varying reactions from different audiences.

99% of the time we either go down very well or brilliantly but just occasionally it can seem to be a struggle.

Only a few weekends ago we played two weddings on the Fri and Sat with the same band and set etc but with totally different levels of audience participation !!

Just got to keep grinding it out and get the singer to "work" the crowd as best you can.

Keep up the good work

Tony

Did my first ever paid gig and what a nightmare!! It was a holy com for a young boy..about 18 people actually turned up for the event and 11 of them where kids!!

Needless to say the karaoke was took over by X factor wannabe children lol.

Every song I played one of the kids wanted to sing it!

The nana of the lad whos communion it was came up to me and asked for 'anything with a beat!'

The kids were wild and I felt the who gig was a nightmare but its all a learning curve!!

I even tried my hand at a few games which seemed to go down well considering i have never done anything like that but luckily my other half is a nursery nurse so she helped out very well.

Needless to say these people made the shameless crew look like the royal family and even left a little prezzie for the bar staff in the form of a used nappie ewww!!

Not got anything now for another month but I have recently been voted in by the committee of my local con club so just waiting for a phone call from them. :pro: