Dj's United

In a previous post, I mentioned I was looking for karaoke tracks. I have now found them and dutifully typed them all up!

However, on presenting them to my business partner, he scoulded me and asked why it wasn't in artist order:(

mind you, it had taken me about 4 weeks of 2 hours typing a day to get all these things typed up!

Stupidly, I did them all in open office writer, and not in excel :damn:

Is anyone out there able to help me on this?

maybe chuck them in to a copy of KSLC and alpha arrange them and send them over to me? I am waaaaay to poor atm to pay for KSLC as one of my American DJ Mystics packed up so sending it off to get fixed!!

many thanks if you can sort it!

BIG Fish Discos
In a previous post, I mentioned I was looking for karaoke tracks. I have now found them and dutifully typed them all up!

However, on presenting them to my business partner, he scoulded me and asked why it wasn't in artist order:(

mind you, it had taken me about 4 weeks of 2 hours typing a day to get all these things typed up!

Stupidly, I did them all in open office writer, and not in excel :damn:

Is anyone out there able to help me on this?

maybe chuck them in to a copy of KSLC and alpha arrange them and send them over to me? I am waaaaay to poor atm to pay for KSLC as one of my American DJ Mystics packed up so sending it off to get fixed!!

many thanks if you can sort it!

This should be doable (also on openoffice here..)

Providing its always the the same order, ie artist then title, or title then artist. If this is mixed around, you'll have to manually fix it first.

Email me (dj@dancesoundsdisco.co.uk) the file, and I'll see what I can do. I'll return it in spreadsheet format.

I'll essentially export the file from Open Office Writer as plain text, try to find a common delimiter (tab/more than one space/dash etc) and change to csv for import into Open Office Calc, finally exporting back to you.

Jason

This should be doable (also on openoffice here..)

Providing its always the the same order, ie artist then title, or title then artist. If this is mixed around, you'll have to manually fix it first.

Email me (dj@dancesoundsdisco.co.uk) the file, and I'll see what I can do. I'll return it in spreadsheet format.

I'll essentially export the file from Open Office Writer as plain text, try to find a common delimiter (tab/more than one space/dash etc) and change to csv for import into Open Office Calc, finally exporting back to you.

Jason

Was going to suggest select-all, copy, and then in Spreadsheet, select Edit-> Paste Special, which should give you some options..

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

• 2 weeks later...

i had same probs when i started doing karaoke but as updates come out each month i was chopin gand changing all the time and printing new lists, so what i do now when i am doing karaoke i explain that we have that much to select from we dont carry a list but instead write your name and song and artist on a karaoke slip and my roadie searches for it on KSLC while i am working to confirm i have the track or not, and its maybe 1 song every 15 gigs there maybe an obscure track or version of a track,i may be asked for but VERY rare i havnt got it

DJ FOGGY

PROFESSIONAL DJ+KJ+SOLO VOCALIST

WEDDING SINGER+COVERED UP DUO

TRADITIONAL SCOTTISH PIPER

S.I.A LICENCED DOOR SUPERVISOR

COVERING NORTH WEST AND UK

WEB SITE=www.makemyday2012.co.uk

E-MAIL: djfpromos2@yahoo.co.uk

MOBILE: 07591 755 743

PLI: YES

PAT TESTED: YES

MU MEMBER 490895