Dj's United

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00826/SNA172911-682_826398a.jpg

A DJ has spun his way into the record books by playing a set lasting more than FIVE DAYS.

Bass-lover Alan Duckett, 30, battled absolute exhaustion and even SHAVED and washed by his decks.

The DJ — known as Alan D — was only allowed a five minute break every hour and mixed 1,500 tunes in total, playing each not more than once every four hours.

Guinness World Records officals filmed the whole of his 124-hour mix at Zico Bar in Wishaw, Lanarkshire — which smashed the previous attempt by eight hours.

Last night, Alan, from Germiston, Glasgow, said: “It was gruelling. I didn’t think it was going to be as tiring as it was.

“I remember almost passing out a couple of times and the staff had to slap my face once or twice to keep me awake.

“The club stayed open even when they couldn’t sell drink. Some of the staff even came in through the night for a wee dance to make sure I didn’t fall asleep.

Advertisement

Alan finally gave in to tiredness in the early hours of Saturday June 7.

His attempt trounced the previous record of 116 hours held by Cypriot DJ Gee Papa, and helped raise cash for Cancer Research UK.

A spokesman for the charity said: “We’re thrilled he entered the record books and managed to raise funds as well.”