Dj's United

Has anyone any idea of the QSC K Series ? There seems to be a lot of positive reviews on it around the web.

Great sound,good build & very solid apparently.

I currently use the Bose L1 System with 2B1s for my mobile work but I am just not happy with them so I've decided to go for something with more "kick".

The kind of gigs I play would typically be in Hotel Function Rooms (your average function room catering for 200 - 400 people possibly 100 feet x 150 feet ).I also do the odd teenage disco in a sports hall which would be just a bit bigger than a basketball court but they have been known to squeeze in 800 teenagers.Weddings would be the most frequent event I play at.

First I was considering purchasing 2 x Electrovoice ZX4s & 1 x JBL EON518S, then I started to come around & think about going completely active & use 2 x JBL EON515s & 1 x JBL EON518S but I found a lot of negative comments about the new JBLs which some people say are "just not loud".

After reading a lot of great comments about the QSC I've decided to go with 2 x K12s & 1 KSub but I have read a review from a guy who reckons 2 x K10s & 1 KSub are even better still despite the 10" cone size so any feedback would be appreciated.

P.S.

Ideally I would like to keep the budget to around £2500

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Paddy, Did you get the QSC K series stuff in the end and if so are you happy with it?

Hi Sweetie apologies for the late reply.Yes I did purchase the QSC :2 x K12s & 1 KSub. I'm delighted with the purchase.When I first plugged in a single K12 connected directly to a disc-man in my garage a smile came across my face when I heard the sound (it was the sound I was searching for, for ages).Then I saw the switch at the back labelled "Deep" & I moved the switch to that setting - that smile changed to a big cheesey grin ! It was the thunderous, chest thumping base that I have been wanting to bring to my mobile set-up for years. The real beauty is that the K12s are such a small speaker, the size is very deceiving for the sound they emit.After unboxing and connecting up the KSUB in addition to the K12 (I had arrived ! ).

I'm no audiophile, but the sound to me is amazing.The system literally aggressively shook the rafters & windows of my garage when I cranked up the volume.

The night I first used them was for a wedding disco & even the sound engineer from the band came over to enquire about the system & complimented it. I would highly recommend the system to anyone looking for a new PA System which is compact,light & does'nt compromise on sound quality.Hope this helps !

Hi Sweetie apologies for the late reply.Yes I did purchase the QSC :2 x K12s & 1 KSub. I'm delighted with the purchase.When I first plugged in a single K12 connected directly to a disc-man in my garage a smile came across my face when I heard the sound (it was the sound I was searching for, for ages).Then I saw the switch at the back labelled "Deep" & I moved the switch to that setting - that smile changed to a big cheesey grin ! It was the thunderous, chest thumping base that I have been wanting to bring to my mobile set-up for years. The real beauty is that the K12s are such a small speaker, the size is very deceiving for the sound they emit.After unboxing and connecting up the KSUB in addition to the K12 (I had arrived ! ).

I'm no audiophile, but the sound to me is amazing.The system literally aggressively shook the rafters & windows of my garage when I cranked up the volume.

The night I first used them was for a wedding disco & even the sound engineer from the band came over to enquire about the system & complimented it. I would highly recommend the system to anyone looking for a new PA System which is compact,light & does'nt compromise on sound quality.Hope this helps !

hey Paddy, im loking into these too and am hiring out the 8s and the sub before i buy. I think i might go with the 10s however but im interested to know what you thought about the 10s and 8s if you listened to them?

hey Paddy, im loking into these too and am hiring out the 8s and the sub before i buy. I think i might go with the 10s however but im interested to know what you thought about the 10s and 8s if you listened to them?

i've ordered the k12s and a single hpr151i (superior to the ksub by all accounts and a mouthwatering e895/£800) should have them next week :)