Dj's United

Rcf Powered 10's Outperformed Rcf Powered 15's. How Can This B

How could this be? RCF powered 10 better than RCF powered 15!!!.

OK, here's the deal. Recently i wanted to upgrade my sound system from RCF powered 10's , ART310A too RCF powered 15's ART525A's.

Not that i was unhappy with the 310A's ,i just thought it might be nice to have the extra headroom with the larger functions.

So on their arrival i hooked up the new 15's to my DJ console & straight away i felt that the sound was not so clear.I changed the song & tried a few other styles of music. I noticed the bass was almost non existant, even when raising up the lower end frequencies on the mixer EQ.

I felt frustrated & vexed ,after all these speakers had cost me twice that of the powered 10's & in addition are the pro series of the two. Bass was severely lacking in the powered 15, not only that but they had definite harshness that my 10's did'nt have.

Then i compared them side by side with my original 10's . The 10's sounded much better , a nice sounding bass with gentle highs. Great clarity.

I had some other professionals from the industry to make comparisons & they said the same.

The build quality of the 310A was also better than the 525A which just did'nt look quite as good . For example the 310A has a cast Aluminium speaker stand slot whereas the 525 is just plastic.The back control panel of 525A is very plastic looking whereas the 310A is metal . Lots of other small aesthetic details that just lead me to believe that the 310A build quality overall is better.

But,putting build quality aside the 525A speaker should have rocked all over the smaller powered 10. But it dosen't...!!!???

maybe you've got counterfeit ones.

No they were genuine i bought them directly from the distributor. I was so disappointed with them i took them back & got my money back. Has anyone on this forum done any comparisons with these speakers?

the 10's will create more volume, the 15's will create more "sub" and ground shake, which uses up more energy and isnt always something you can notice with your ears but feel it in your trousers!

It's not about loudness!No point in having things loud if it sounds crud. The 15's had very poor bass response they sounded quite dull & were harsh in the top end. I'm interested in hearing from anyone on this forum that have compared the 10's to the 15's side by side.

Anyone?