Dj's United

Disco On Friday - Help Required!

Hi all,

I am playing a gig to a youth football team on Friday night, the clientele are youngsters from between 12 and 15 years old and of course all the adults too.

What music do I start the do off with? I am fine with all the fast dance floorfillers and cheese as the evening progresses but it is the start of the do I am struggling with.

Do I go straight into a catchy number or do I start with a few slower songs? HELP!!! :hurt: :wall:

Experienced Motown & Northern Soul Mobile DJ

If it was me..

For that age group i would start off with a few commericial R&B/HipHop tracks which that age group love -

Such as Boom Boom Pow, Low and a few others by Flo Rida and other charty Boom/pow/R&B stuff.

The last few discos i have done in that age group - the boys, especially, like (or pretend to) the more hard core R&B/Hip Hop stuff but that usually contains swearing and god know what else.. which you won't be able to play!

cheers

oohh

done loads of these....they are dead easy.

Half of the evening is presentations and food.

Knock yourself up some limbo poles and buy some cheap glostix and flashing LEDS of Ebay.Make sure you have a good roving mic for the presentations.

Music will not be an issue...they love beating you with their strange requests....and they will no matter what you have.

Keep them entertained and they can be fun.

Haven't done a gig for this specific age group (usually a bit older - 18 or mix ages toddlers to teens)

but the teens (boys) at my gigs have pestered me for 80s rock :shrug:

Favourites include:

Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi

Sweet Child o' Mine - Guns n Roses

Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams

We will Rock You - Queen (OK this is 70s)

Throw them some inflatable guitars and watch them go :funjokeandlaugh:

If its girls:

Leona Lewis, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus usually work

Good Luck!! :toot:

Kev