Dj's United

Moby - I Was A Wedding Dj

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00831/Moby_831606a.jpg

MOBY can be hired as a wedding DJ - if your name's DAVID LYNCH.

The baldy techno geek put in a shift behind the decks at the film director's request following his wedding to actress EMILY STOFLE in February.

As his own music isn't quite wedding reception material, Moby brought along some cheesy classics instead.

He said: "I was a straight-up, clichéd, wedding DJ.

"I played VAN MORRISON, BEYONCE and NEIL DIAMOND. If I had Ooops Upside Your Head, I probably would have played it."

He added: "Thank God I didn't have a microphone as I would have embarrassed myself and everybody around me."

Pub rock

Moby, who's new album Wait for Me is released on Monday, probably had quite a bit of classic UK music in his record bag, as he was heavily influenced by THE BEATLES, SEX PISTOLS and ROD STEWART as a lad growing up in Connecticut.

However, he's not such a big fan of the current crop of talent coming out of these shores.

"UK music has become very provincial and pub orientated," he explained.

"It's hard to get too excited about pub rock.

"The band look like they're hanging out at the pub and they sound like they are playing in a pub and the subject matter is very provincial and pub orientated - laddish.

"It's not sexy or exciting and it's not very personal either. It's pleasant music, but pleasant music doesn't make me want to run out and change the world with my records."

Moby's latest single Pale Horses is available now.