Dj's United

Moby's Comments About Wedding Djs

I turn the music off and say goodnight correct ! Doing wedding number 300 this saturday ! Then its just club stuff for the rest of the year. Thought some of you guys might of used the housemartins which is of course fatboy slims old band . Oh and as usual its the usual" have a go "from you guys who cant respect those of us who dont do things your way ! Shame really cos this used to be such a good place to be .

The Housemartins now that a good band.

Fatboy Slim a great DJ and performer listen to his Late Night Tales collection some great old Soul and Reggaae tracks on there. How anyone can say the blokes got no talent is beyond me.

Moby the same again a great talent. I would be happy to take a small slice of his talent.

How can we criticise these artists when they have been there and performed in front of millions of people.

Try and learn something from them to put into our performances.

MOBY - PLAY

The album has sold over 2 million copies in the United States since it was released in 1999, and has sold 10 million copies worldwide. Nine singles were released from the album, and seven of them were UK Top 40 hits - the first single was released in August 1998, and the last was still on the charts in three years later. In many ways, this album helped to establish Moby as a mainstream musician. His subsequent albums have been more pop-oriented, frequently featuring his own distinctive singing, often with female vocalists and samples similar to those on Play, as opposed to his earlier more club- or alternative-oriented records where he sang rarely.

No talent ?

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Spot on that too !

Keep pasties Cornish

MOBY - PLAY

Nine singles were released from the album, and seven of them were UK Top 40 hits - the first single was released in August 1998,

No talent ?

Apart from C.S... Hands up all the D.J's still packing the floor with those nine Mega Singles..... Hands down both of you.

Now if Elton Rod or David want to take a sideswipe at everyone who has ever done a wedding on here thats fine by me....but they wouldn't because they are too proffessional.

Dont understand the point of that statement , you are always going to find songs and entertainers who sell more or pack the dancefloors more than others. i cant say i play Moby often or that i even like much of his stuff.But i certainly would not say that such a man was un talented .

Keep pasties Cornish

Apart from C.S... Hands up all the D.J's still packing the floor with those nine Mega Singles..... Hands down both of you.

Now if Elton Rod or David want to take a sideswipe at everyone who has ever done a wedding on here thats fine by me....but they wouldn't because they are too proffessional.

LOL............well said that man

Can't say i've got any Moby floorfillers for the average gig.

But I could say that for a lot of artists as well.

Neil Young

Bob Dylan

For example.

Doesn't mean they have no talent just because I don't play them at any functions.

But I could say that for a lot of artists as well.

Doesn't mean they have no talent just because I don't play them at any functions.

Yep -my thoughts too!

I consider his remarks as "off the cuff" and don't take any offence.

My only critics are myself and my clients - anything else is simply an opinion which can be noted or discarded.

to add to some information, here is the opening paragraph from Wikipedia;

Just He plays keyboard, guitar, bass guitar and drums. After eight top 40 singles in the UK in the 1990s he released the album Play, in 1999, which sold more than 10 million copies worldwide[2]. His follow up albums, 18, Hotel, and Last Night sold 6 million copies and have achieved gold and platinum status in over 30 countries.

The fact he can play instruments, and has a record contract since the '90s, is a statement of talent.

Compare this to many top 10 acts that are pure marketing, I would rate Moby higher.

Personally, his music isn't really my thing, but I've been aware of his music since the 90s and do have a Play on CD.

His music will probably empty a floor at a normal 40/50th/Wedding. But so would many other artists of his genre.

Try dropping Elton etc into a gig at a trance/tecno club and you'll get the same response.

The millions of people who have bought his music and the hoards of people that watch him perform are testament to his skills and ability, I wish I was like that.

I'm predominantly a wedding DJ and am not in the slightest offended by what he says.

As for how CS performs without a mic, it works for him, he also does a stand up routine, so cannot be compared to somebody vegging on a stool behind the decks. Please no personal attacks.

20) The DJU Community administration team will not allow the forum to be used as a public arena for personal dispute, and this includes disputes carried across from other forums.

All threads or posts that are considered unsuitable or containing personal insults will be removed or locked, with warnings issued to ALL of the parties involved. All Members found to be in non-compliance with this AUP rule will receive a warning, any subsequent warnings will result in a moderated status being applied to your account which will also prevent access to commercial areas of the forum.

22) Do not publicly start threads or post questioning the business integrity of another colleague or member. Doing so is totally unprofessional and may appear to the casual observer to be "sour grapes" on your part.

If you have any genuine, provable grounds to question another persons business ethics or integrity or if you are a client involved in a dispute with one of our members or have grounds to complain against another member or retailer, then please privately contact a member of the Moderator Team with the details of your complaint and we will try to assist.

Jim

Hey hooooo!!!

Yeah its brill to see Moby lending his dj skills for a fellow celeb wedding party!

Its a strange kind of profession because how cool it is, is just so hit or miss in my opinion. Personally i feel uncomfortable telling people i am a mobile disco dj instead of a club dj but thats just me.

Moby's tune "I love to move in here" is sucg a brilliant tune from his recent album "Last night" and is well worth checking out - a nu disco classic!!!

All Anthems Disco - Mobile Disco / DJ Hire - Cornwall