Dj's United

I've got 2 gigs this weekend.

Friday is an outside gig for the NHS/Health Protection Agency. This is for their social club's summer Fayre.

Not very well organised at their end, so I've quoted an hourly rate, and leaving it for them to tell me to stop playing.

The minimum is 5pm-9pm, so

They are pretty hot on PAT & PLI, so I've forwarded both Certs in advance - this is the first time I've been asked for PAT & PLI certificates....

Will be playing a pretty diverse mix, and have a few Bangra compilations, so will be running a set of that style which I expect to go very well.

Sunday is a 3yr olds birthday party, grabbed via GoodParty. Its a family party in their back garden, a few kids, but mainly adults.

No lights (but will take bubble machine), and probably my 2' stand (that I can put straight into the car without splitting), so a quick set-up.

12pm-6pm, but very local (Waltham Abbey), and a nice Sunday afternoon gig.

If the weather turns bad, we've agreed no charge providing I've not left home. Its then pro-rated after then.

Over to you lot!!

Wedding for me on Saturday at a very nice Hertfordshire venue.

Should be an easy Evening but will have to place a pair of speakesr outside in the garden if the weather is still nice for the Fireworks & Chineese Lanterns from 1000 - 1045.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

I'm doing a PTA Summer Fair this Saturday in Westhoughton - background music and announcements, etc. 12-3pm.

Have been attempting to buy a pair of W-audio PSR12 (passives) to replace the current AI Int-112s, but couldn't find any in stock anywhere that could deliver in time... Those tthat did have them put their prices up just after I ordered. Quite frustrating!

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Just about to leave to do an end of year party at a local school...

Agency work on friday to :)

GDK Entertainments

Raising The Standards In Entertainment

M 0783 529 5169

E info@gdkentertainments.co.uk

Just about to leave to do an end of year party at a local school...

I've got one of those in three weeks... !

DJ David Graham

A sort of 'celeb' wedding this weekend. Hope the weather stays good

First 18th in a long, long time coming up soon...picking up deposit later. smile icon

nothing for me this weekend not even assisting my fellow DJ this weekend we are both short of work haha..

Booked for the rest of the weekends in this month though so not to bad

My party went fantatsic :D :D

Was buzzing, but towards the end I was struggling due to heat!

GDK Entertainments

Raising The Standards In Entertainment

M 0783 529 5169

E info@gdkentertainments.co.uk

Night off last night (friday) so it was down to the local cricket club to a warm up gig for our local music festival, one too many lemonades!

If you are doing nothing and want to see 11 hours of live music for £3 www.richmondlive.org Check out the headliner!

Saturday - kids party 2-4 then a 'Class of 89' school reunion party 8-12

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Last night was originally going to do a 50th for one of my brothers, but he had to cancel it a few weeks ago, so I had a night in.

Today it's my birthday :birthday: and I'm going out with the wife for a meal in a little Spanish restaurant in town.

Jim

Last nights gig went well. It was the summer fayre for the Health Protection Agency (those working on Swine flu etc).

I was offered the choice to set up outside (which I was happy to do), but realised I'd forgotten the RCD.. The site manager wouldn't let me set-up without one, so I tasked Carmen with finding a local B&Q whilst I set-up under a Gazebo.

There was a steel band, and even though I was contracted from 5pm, they played until 7:30 with a short break where I played some background music.

This worked well - I almost never get a break, so having over 1hr of break after playing some background music was good.

Lots of food, and stalls, and great weather!

I did manage a short Bhangra set of about 4 songs. To be honest, I don't know the titles, but it was very well received with a fair amount of people dancing in the sidelines. It was also very easy to mix and I really enjoyed playing it.

I played a mix of modern, then down to 90's britpop (lots of 30-somethings). A few requests for Jackson, which filled the floor (a few were already dancing to the britpop stuff). A quick raffle, and I started back with some Stones which kept them dancing.

From then on, most requests were for various Jackson tracks. Most of the older guests had left, leaving

mostly dancers.

I started a MJ set, intending to play a few classics and then move on to something else. However, they kept asking for more, so it was about 30mins - they lapped it up.

I noticed a few air guitars being played to Billie Jean, so dropped in Sweet Child of Mine/Summer of 69/Livin on a Prayer to good response.

Last songs were "Time of my Life/Dirty Dancing", with "encore" to Man in the Mirror to finish at 11:05

I've been penciled in for next year, so very happy about the repeat booking. :Thumbup:

post-7207-1246707883_thumb.jpg

ps: Many happy returns Jim!!

Edited by vokf

A wedding for me this saturday. And they have requested some levellers songs. 'Celebrate' being one but Im not sure which album its on any ideas?

Anyway not to worry have a good one all. :)

A wedding for me this saturday. And they have requested some levellers songs. 'Celebrate' being one but Im not sure which album its on any ideas?

Celebrate is on their "One Way of Life - Best of" compilation (I played this CD to death, used to love their music... ).

Checking their site, its also on "Mouth to Mouth", and also available as CD Single.

I know the Best of CD is available as MP3 download (as my CD was damaged, so I had to re-purchase)

Hope this helps,

Jason

GREAT thanks I saw that it was a single but had'nt found the album it was off. Now lets see if I can get it from HMV :saint:

You're lucky- the only record shop here is an independent. I'd be very willing to support them, but the prices are far higher than what I would pay (£15+ for a CD Album). I prefer CD, but for ~£7 for MP3 album, the CD price has be to <£10

Many of my recent purchases have been online MP3.

Hmm, gonna dig out my Levellers tracks for the car now!!

Hope its a good one!

Summer fair went really well this afternoon. Setting up this morning was fun - so glad I had bought some 20m long XLR cables a couple of months ago . Ran one speaker off main amplifier, and the other speaker was run off the backup amplifier at the other end of playground (I don't have very long speakon cables).

Could have done with more speakers spread out along the length of the playground/field. Two wasn't enough to spread the sound out but was plenty loud enough for background + announcements.

It almost could have gone wrong at 11am when it started raining so had to put the speakers inside temporarily (I was under a canopy thankfully), but luckily it stopped raining not long after, and managed to stay dry for the entire fair!

Had problems with the KAM KWM11 microphones - couldn't go too far away from the receiver without it breaking up. Not sure if I need to adjust the "gain" on the microphone itself? (Any ideas ? ). Could have been the 9v battery though too as the low battery light came on.

All in all it went well - its the best PTA summer fair there's been for the school...

Now relaxing (or attempting to) with beer and pizza :pizza: :norfolk:

David

DJ David Graham

No gig this weekend a slow July over here just the one gig.

Took two bookings for weddings for next year so good weekend. :Thumbup:

Chance to catch up with all the paperwork and funstuff

Finished my longest gig to-date.... 1pm start... booked until 6pm, then asked to play until 9pm... = 8hrs!

It was a family garden party, a nice detached house in Waltham Abbey (so only 2 miles away).

Weather was a bit iffy to start, but ended up nice and sunny.

Wine and beer was flowing, and they were up for most types of music.

About 20mins before my booked ending, the Dad came over and wanted me to play extra. Offering cash he wanted me to play an extra 3 hours. The cash offered was only 1/2 my hourly rate for the party, we had a friendly discussion, with me not being too worried about working extra time anyway - but I was handed my required sum to carry on.

This was hard work... I'd already done Rock n Roll, Abba, Queen, Modern, Cha Cha etc..

So, I let Carmen take over and hit the crowd with notepad and asked everyone for requests....

This proved a good tactic, and I had a nice chat with some of the guests and a cuddle from "gran". lol

The ending was spoilt due to a best mate of the client passing out from drinking a bottle of JD in 2 hours, he fell over at 8pm, and didn't get up again.

He was out of it and lying still on the sunbed (covered in "diced carrots"....), most of the guys were laughing about it, but he looked pretty poorly, so I asked one of the ladies to call NHS Direct for advice - rather than leave him, I felt he was not simply drunk.

Music was off at this point, and people were leaving.

20mins later a paramedic arrived and checked him over, she wasn't impressed, but was happy that he wasn't too serious- and so handed him over to his parents who had been called to collect, the guy was dragged to the car.

I wasn't happy- the guys best mate thought it was funny, but these were mid-30ish parents, not 18yr old kids, and it was in a fairly exclusive area, and he obviously has a well paid job.

Apparently the guy gets like this quite a bit - if my mate did that more than once, I'd be looking out for him..

I then checked the time, 9:10... time to pack up, and try to catch a Chinese that was still open.

Pretty knackered now - mostly good fun, and had a bride chatting about booking me for her wedding in 2010 - so hopefully that will pan out.