Dj's United

Bose L1® Model I Single Bass Package

L1® Model I single bass package

* Recommended for mid-range instruments and voices

* Features Spatial Dispersion™ loudspeaker technology, available only from Bose:Twenty-four small speakers in line array

* Four inputs—two with ToneMatch® presets: Four built-in channels, two with over 90 ToneMatch presets

* One B1 bass module included; expandable

* For smaller-to-larger spaces with audiences of up to 500

Unique, all-in-one system delivers clear, powerful sound across the stage and throughout small to medium-sized venues. Hear what your audience hears, and eliminate conventional monitors, mixers and PA systems. Includes one B1 bass module for enhanced low-end performance.

Based on over 10 years of groundbreaking research, the L1 Model I concert sound system features Spatial Dispersion loudspeaker technology, available only from Bose. The loudspeaker's proprietary, vertical design helps fill the room with clear sound like no ordinary concert speaker can.

As Guitar World describes it, the "… sound radiates and fills the room in a way far more natural than a typical loudspeaker … it's a real breakthrough in amplified sound." Key benefits of this L1 system:

* Projects clean, detailed sound evenly across the stage and throughout an audience of up to several hundred, with little change in tone or volume

* Produces smooth, consistent tone, whether you're in front of the loudspeaker or off to the side

* Reduces much unwanted room reverberation

* Eliminates conventional monitors, mixers and PA

* Sets up and breaks down quickly; fits easily into a car trunk

Wide, uniform coverage—throughout the room

The innovative L1 Model I Cylindrical Radiator® loudspeaker has a line array of 24 small drivers mounted into a vertical enclosure for wide, horizontal sound coverage of nearly 180 degrees. In comparison to conventional stage speakers, volume and tone diminish very slowly over distance.

The loudspeaker's wedge-shaped dispersion pattern sends very little audio up or down, preventing much of the room reverberation that can muddy your sound.

Unlike traditional amplification setups, a Bose® L1 system lets you, your fellow musicians and the audience hear the same sound. You don't need any other stage monitors, mixers or PA speakers. Your L1 system replaces them all with one sleek, powerful setup.

Built-in amps, mixer and ToneMatch presets

The Bose L1 Model I power stand includes built-in amplifiers to drive the loudspeaker and up to two B1 bass modules. It also has an integrated four-channel mixer with two XLR and two line-level inputs.

Onboard ToneMatch presets—another Bose exclusive—let you quickly optimize the tone of up to 100 specific instruments and microphones at the touch of a button. For more inputs and a suite of effects and tone-shaping tools, add the optional T1 ToneMatch audio engine.

Big bass—small package

B1 bass modules are considerably lighter and smaller than traditional bass bins required for the same performance. The L1 Model I single bass package is recommended for midrange voices and instruments, including acoustic guitars, keyboards and horns.

The double bass package is designed for DJs and bass/baritone instruments, like electric bass, organ and kick drum. It produces the same tone as our single bass package, but with much higher output levels. You can add up to two more bass modules to your system with our optional Packlite® extended bass package.

Single and double bass packages can also be used in conjunction with backline electric guitar amplifiers.

Light, easy, fast

L1 Model I system components are noticeably lightweight and portable, fitting easily into the trunk of a small car. And setup and breakdown take just minutes.

Quote reprinted with permission: Guitar World, 4/04.

FEATURES

Four-channel mixer provides two mic/line input channels (1 and 2) that accept XLR and ¼" TRS connections; they feature ultra-low noise preamps, two-stage clip lights, trim controls and XLR line-out channels. Secondary input channels (3 and 4) accept ¼" unbalanced line-level sources.

Proprietary ToneMatch® presets on channels 1 and 2 optimize L1 system to match intended natural sound of specific instruments and microphones on channels 1 and 2.

Cylindrical Radiator® loudspeaker uses 24 small drivers mounted into a slim, vertical enclosure to create nearly 180 degrees of horizontal coverage—with little dropoff in volume and tone. Loudspeaker's two-piece, interlocking design makes for quick and easy setup, breakdown and transport.

Integrated power amplifiers in power stand deliver clean, precise amplification for L1 Model I loudspeaker and up to two B1 bass modules.

Channel inserts/effects loops for connecting external effects and processors to channels 1 and 2 via ¼" TRS line input/output jack. Use a stereo plug to connect the send and return signals with one cord.

Bass module out for amplified bass output signal to one or two B1 bass modules. L1 system automatically adjusts equalization appropriately when bass modules are connected.

Bass line out delivers post-DSP bass signal output. Accepts ¼" TRS phone cable. Use to connect powered subwoofer, additional amplification system or Bose® PackLite® amplifier with up to two additional bass modules.

Digital data out sends digital mix of channels 1 and 2 to external recording gear at 48KHz sample rate.

Digital data in for updating product firmware and ToneMatch presets.

R1 remote input for included remote control and 16' cable.

Remote

Tone controls provide -12 dB cut to +12 dB boost of high, mid and low frequencies on channels 1 and 2.

Level controls and signal/overload LEDs show green/red signal status to help you set proper gain levels.

Master level to adjust volume of all four input channels simultaneously.

Bass module

Compact, lightweight enclosure is easy to transport, set up and break down. Small footprint takes up considerably less space than traditional bass cabs required for same performance. Interlocking feet let you securely stack up to four modules together on their sides.

Highly efficient speaker design features two 5.25" (13.3 cm), high-output, high-excursion drivers that produce deep, strong bass from a small enclosure. When connected to power stand, active equalization circuitry automatically adjusts bass signal appropriately.

IN THE BOX

http://www.bose.com/assets/images/shop_online/l1_model1_single_pkg/l1_model_i_single_bass_inthebox.jpg

Dimensions

L1 Model I Cylindrical Radiator® top

43"H x 3.5"W x 4"D ( 110.5 cm x 8.9 cm x 10.5 cm )

14.5 lbs (6 kg)

L1 Model I Cylindrical Radiator® bottom

43"H x 3.5"W x 4"D ( 110.5 cm x 8.9 cm x 10.5 cm )

16 lbs (7 kg)

L1 Model I power stand

5"H x 26"W x 26"D ( 12.7 cm x 66 cm x 66 cm )

35 lbs (16 kg)

R1 remote

1.6"H x 2.8"W x 5.6"D ( 4 cm x 7.1 cm x 14.1 cm )

.6 lbs (.27 kg)

B1 bass module

15"H x 10.25"W x 17.75"D ( 38 cm x 26 cm x 45 cm )

25.1 lbs (11.4 kg)

Popular add-ons

T1 ToneMatch® audio engine

B1 bass module

PackLite® power amplifier Model A1

R1 remote

Long R1 remote control cable - 33' (10 m)

Standard R1 remote control cable - 16' (5 m)

B1 bass module cable - 5.5 ft (1.7 m)

Standard PS1/L1® carrying bag set

Standard B1 slip cover

Carry pouch for A1 amplifier

T1 ToneMatch® audio engine microphone stand bracket