Dj's United

Looking back in a typical year about 5% of functions tend to be cancelled. So if I was booked to do say 60 gigs then typically as an average, 3 would be lost for various reasons.

Noticed this year not only for me but also for others, that the cancellation rate is 15-20%. A certain reflection of the difficult year this is. Important to be charging a deposit/booking fee to cover initial costs with this in mind.

I have been lucky here in Norway, no cancellations and an increase in bookings. You UK based djs have my sympathy .

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Ive never had a cancelation until this year. I've had 3 so far, luckily 2 have been filled ..

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

2 cancelled outright ( in both cases due to redundancy of both the B&G)

3 cancelled but moved to confirmed dates in Summer 2010 (obviously they are hoping the economy will be better by then)

Have seen a large increase this year from potential clients wanting to negotiate prices. Downwards - but never upwards :D

Several key venues have also closed since last summer, meaning travelling to venues a greater distance away.

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

2 cancelled outright ( in both cases due to redundancy of both the B&G)

3 cancelled but moved to confirmed dates in Summer 2010 (obviously they are hoping the economy will be better by then)

Have seen a large increase this year from potential clients wanting to negotiate prices. Downwards - but never upwards :D

Several key venues have also closed since last summer, meaning travelling to venues a greater distance away.

I've heard that there is an increase in DIY / ipod discos - hence my posting here the other day - it seems this 'trend' has been on the increase Stateside for a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wedding DJs are cancelled in favour of a cheaper alternative - yes, that's right, a cheaper alternative!

No cancellations but web traffic is down considerably and bookings were slow initially.

May and June were not as good as usual but bookings are now running very close to last year's level, with more bookings coming in for later in the year - October and November weddings are running at a higher rate than last year.

I believe venues charge less in November so that may have something to do with it.

I have had 2 or 3 cancellations with one being a House Party. Now if people cant afford to party at home the pub/club trade has no chance.

If people enquire about house parties expecting to get a cheaper deal i stick to my guns and quote the full amount. I have told several venues that and offer them discounts for multiple bookings.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

I quoted my local pub either 1-off bookings, or 3 dates for a fair discount. He took the 3-dates, and then booked another 3.

He looks after me, and set-up is fairly minimal - Stand, Cloth, Speakers & T-Bar (pre-rigged). So I get set-up in 20mins, load/unload through a sash window, and its only 150yrds away..

depends what you mean by cancellation? I send out full contracts and get deposits, so a cancellation means i keep the deposit and possibly ask for the fee within 4 weeks of the party

if you mean people not sending contracts back? Then ive had 2-3 of these

I wouldn't call it a cancellation until its booked...by that I mean contract signed and returned and deposit paid, until then its little more than an enquiry to me, obviously if I am awaiting a contract and then get an enquiry for the same date I will ring the original client and ensure it is a firm booking before I turn the second client away.

I have had 2 outright cancellations this year, one was a client who suddenly realised that the ban they booked provided disco in with their price...ok it might well have been that they turned their PAR cans to the dance floor and stutkc a Now CD on but I kept the deposit and replaced the job pretty quickly. The other was cancelled by the hotel as they had been given a false phone number and couldn't get hold of the B&G, I did manage to replace the job but for less money and the hotel refused to pay a cancellation fee on the grounds that they look after me...I am still negotiating with them over that one.

I too have had one re-scheduled for next summer in favour of this summer for financial reasons.

No cancelations or re-scheduling last year.