Dj's United

Njd Datamoon - Bi-pin Lamp Holder

Hi,

The lamp holder in one of my NJD datamoons looks to have burnt out after many years of use. I've been looking on the internet to buy a new one but without success.

Can anyone advise where I can buy an individual bi-pin lampholder - I assume it needs to be 250W

Thanks in advance for your help :-)

I had a look on CPC but couldn't find one but then their site isn't the easiest to navigate.

What you want is a G6.35 lamp holder. I've used ones from Maplin on my Datamoons. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=24251 I believe is the one I used although the product description says G6.3 and not G6.35.

You will also need new crimp connectors or get some shrink wrap and solder the wires to join them then use the shrink wrap on each wire.

Hi,

The lamp holder in one of my NJD datamoons looks to have burnt out after many years of use. I've been looking on the internet to buy a new one but without success.

Can anyone advise where I can buy an individual bi-pin lampholder - I assume it needs to be 250W

Thanks in advance for your help :-)

There are some on Ebay....or......try http://lteltd.com/index.htm

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Dont buy the maplin ones theyre no good for the temperature of the datamoons they burn out very quickly

got mine from www.djsupplies.co.uk

Hi Quality german

alan

STROBE DISCO SHOW

01782 713277

07802 489555

Mine are still fine and I installed them over 12 months ago.................

..............but I haven't used them since changing to LED 10 months ago :D

Mine are still fine and I installed them over 12 months ago.................

..............but I haven't used them since changing to LED 10 months ago :D

Mine wern't they lasted a couple of weeks thats why i went for the better ones that were made for the job

alan

STROBE DISCO SHOW

01782 713277

07802 489555

What you want is a G6.35 lamp holder

The Datamoon takes an A1-259 / ELC lamp, this requires a GX5.3 lampholder.

Some of the better lampholders are dual rated, you can tell this by one of the 'holes' being elongated to take both 5.3 and 6.35mm spaced pins.

I would recommend you use crimp connectors to join the wires not solder.

A guy I know who retails and repairs DJ equipment told me he's seen heat shrinked solder joints actually melt and fail due to the extreme heat that can build up in halogen effects.

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk

I would recommend you use crimp connectors

The datamoon has a convenient terminal block at the front of the unit where the lampholder wires are connected, for convenience, you shouldnt need to join any wires at all.