Dj's United

Help Please - Cd Decks Playing Up

Hi All,

I have a set of CDN88s (under warranty) and they have started playing up.

When playing CD-Rs it seems random as to which it will recognise, normal CDs seem to be OK...

Not sure if anyone has had this problem before or has any suggestions???

Thanks in advance

Liscio Discotheques

60s - Current In Surrey & Home Counties

www.liscio.co.uk

Early Pioneer CDJ's used to suffer with this problem on CDR's more so with un-branded / cheap CDR's.

The cure maybe to use purchased CDs only or good quality CDR's

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Are you sure?

Yes CDJ 500's 500s's suffered terribly with the problem.

The letter that I received from Pioneer UK @ Greenford stated that some computer disc burners didn't burn deep enough for the laser to read the disc & they were looking into the problem, but they went on to say that the use of burnt discs could infringe copyright laws in the UK, unless it was you own material.

The most popular error was code 3 unable to read disc.

This problem persisted up to the launch of the CDJ 800

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Well, I have to say that all Pioneer DJ players are able to play CDr's much better than any other player! After 18 years using CDJ500 players almost exclusively with CDrs (both audio and pc type), Ive never had a single track that wouldn't read or ever skipped. I would also say that most Pioneer CDJ500 users would concurr! The Pioneers (except for, oddly the CDJ800) use their patent hologram pickups which track poor discs more effectively than the usual 3-beam unit. The CDJ800 uses a Sanyo laser identical to most later Denon DJ machines.

The CDJ500 range (which date from 1994 or so) had problems with hughely vibrating dance floors, as there was no anti-shock memory, (it couldnt be made affordable in those days) and this was rectified from the CDJ500S upwards by the use of oil-damped suspension taken from their in-car multiplayers until the introduction of the anti-shock equipped CMX5000.

The CMX5000 was also the first Pioneer DJ player to read CDRW rewriteable discs.

But this is a bit OT !

Edited by superstardeejay

Well, I have to say that all Pioneer DJ players are able to play CDr's much better than any other player! After 18 years using CDJ500 players almost exclusively with CDrs (both audio and pc type), Ive never had a single track that wouldn't read or ever skipped. I would also say that most Pioneer CDJ500 users would concurr! The Pioneers (except for, oddly the CDJ800) use their patent hologram pickups which track poor discs more effectively than the usual 3-beam unit. The CDJ800 uses a Sanyo laser identical to most later Denon DJ machines.

But this is a bit OT !

What do the CDJ-400's use as their pickup?

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

What do the CDJ-400's use as their pickup?

I've never had one for repair but looking it up it appears to be the VXX3125 assembly, the same as the CDJ800 and the MEP7000 media player, this contains the Sanyo laser.