Dj's United

Is It Possible

Hi Guys

Hopefully I can make this understandable

I have a rather large wedding to do next week, and woz wondering if I could attach my powered speakers below

2 x 150 watt Powered LD Speakers

to my existing set-up (numark 200FX mixer) running through 3 amps crossover and speakers

What I am asking is Where to I plug in the Powered speakers!!!!!

I have not tried this format before and do not want to plug anything in unless someone has tried this as I fear I could at worst blow my set-up

Advise appreciate in advance

Regards

Jay

Music Entertainment covering London & within the M25 Areas

English & Asian Events catered for

www.skydj.co.uk

What I am asking is Where to I plug in the Powered speakers!!!!!

I have not tried this format before and do not want to plug anything in unless someone has tried this as I fear I could at worst blow my set-up

Advise appreciate in advance

Regards

Jay

Assuming the 200FX mixer has the same outputs as the CM200, you will find the first set of RCA connectors to the right of the XLRs you are using to connect to your crossover, are master outputs, and these can be used to feed your powered speakers with a full range signal. You may need to buy a suitable lead depending on what the input format is on your LD actives are.

New Site Clouds Disco

If you're using the balanced XLRs out of the mixer into your crossover, you can happily run the LD speakers full range and simply parallel-up the wiring, this will preserve the balanced wiring and minimise hum loops that are common with powered speakers. You'll need to make up a couple of splitter cables.

If you cant be bothered with splitter cables and dont mind using unbalanced, the 200FX has an unbalanced 'master' output on phono sockets, this echos the main XLRs and can be used for the LD's.

http://www.whybuynew.co.uk/images/uploaded/200fxb.jpg