Dj's United

Hi folks !1 :Thumbup:

I am looking to lighten the weight and ease of set up of my lighting equipment but I am unsure what to go for !

My problem is I only Dj once a month for a group of Swing Jive/Ballroom dancers (myself included)

The lighting I have at the moment is more suited to your normal Disco's which I used to do up until a couple of years ago. I still use the same effects namely 2 Datamoons linked to each other, 2 more moonflowers similar to the datamoons and 1 scanner.

Instead of these directed onto the dance floor I now have them on the walls and ceiling as the dancers don't want to be dazzled in fact they would probably still dance with the house lights all on ! :ads:

With the weight issue in mind has anybody got any suggestions that I could buy to possibly light up the dance floor with a bit of colour but not dazzle the punters.

I was thinking of keeping the 2 datamoons but replacing the others with maybe the Acme Supernova set of 4 lights can I control both these via Dmx and how much control would I have over them ? eg can I slow them down ??

Thanks for any suggestions !! Mike :thanks:

How about the amce invincibled/american dj tri phase. I have 2 of these and they have a wide spread of small coloured patters and are not dazzling. I use them for 60's nights and older birthdays/weddings etc

Very lightweight and very low power consumption

http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/prodpage.asp?prodid=2992

regards

Dave

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

How about the amce invincibled/american dj tri phase. I have 2 of these and they have a wide spread of small coloured patters and are not dazzling. I use them for 60's nights and older birthdays/weddings etc

What's that ugly square thing on the front of it? (a heatsink?)

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

:wacko:

regards

Dave

Thanks for that are these both the same light or do they have different functions ?

Still not sure if they are for me though I don't want to spend money on something and find it's no less dazzling than I've got already :wacko:

Just checking the manuals of various and the invincibled and Tri-phase are both dimmable on DMX which would be useful when doing the ballroom.

I dim my Mega bars quite a lot as they are Waaaaaaaaaay too bright!

Be aware than the invincibled comes in 2 flavours the more expensive having a 10w LED same as the TriPhase.

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos

You see, I always think that LED effects are rather more dazzling than normal lights if you catch the beams.

Thanks I did think that but not actually seen an led effect in the flesh I suppose I was leaning towards the supernova pack because its so lightweight.

Maybe I should go for something that is dimable or maybe a colour wash or parcan type of light as I really dont want beams of light in peoples faces even when they are dancing ! ;thumbdown:

I find my KAM PAR 56 LED cans can be a bit "in your face" if directed at it and thought they were a bit "harsh". Its why I ended up buying traditional 300w PAR56 Cans... Thing is though, these can warm your audience up a bit too :/

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

What's that ugly square thing on the front of it? (a heatsink?)

It is - the version without the heatsink is less ugly and less bright (like mine)

:wacko:

Thanks for that are these both the same light or do they have different functions ?

Still not sure if they are for me though I don't want to spend money on something and find it's no less dazzling than I've got already :wacko:

Same light just different manufacturers go for the not 10mw version as these are dimmer

You see, I always think that LED effects are rather more dazzling than normal lights if you catch the beams.

must admit i agree with you there - the dazzel off my 100w scanners is not as bad as my miracled when that catches you

You could use some led par cans to flood the venue by pointing them towards the ceilng if its low enough and light coloured or use them as uplighters which gives a sophsticated effect

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

You could use some led par cans to flood the venue by pointing them towards the ceilng if its low enough and light coloured or use them as uplighters which gives a sophsticated effect

Thanks for your view's :thanks:

At the moment all four of my effects (non dimable) are directed on the ceiling and walls together with the venue's own large mirror ball so I need the dance floor lit up if possible. I am waiting delivery of a blue led curtain thingy to cover all my wires etc. (cant remember the proper name !)that will be on the edge of a low stage and I hope that will provide a bit of light or at least a visual effect. I never had the problem of blinding the audience before as the lights always used to be directed on the dance floor or over their heads they were either drunk or young or both ! :funjokeandlaugh:

I'm now thinking of an Led effect that I can control via Dmx that will put some nice patterns on the floor and that I can control the strobing and speed and also have control over the two Datamoons that I currently have linked together on sound activation. I was thinking of along the lines of an American Dj Revo unless you clever folks on her can suggest anything better ! :grouphug:

cheers ! Mike