Dj's United

Hi folks :Thumbup:

I've tried searcing for an answer to this but can't find one. I am venturing into Dmx control for 2 Njd Datamoons that I have for about 5 years (working good so don't want to get rid yet) and for future purchases of lighting.

My problem is the Datamoons Dmx input and output are 1/4 inch jacks, and I want to buy a Dmx controler that will control any lights I buy not just the Datamoons. I have had a look at the Datamoons manual that I still have and it states jacks are : Data+ Tip, Data¬ Ring, Earth Sleeve. Are these standard stereo jacks ?

What I was planning to do, unless someone corrects me is 3 pin Xlr out of the controller that I buy ( assuming that most of them are Xlr outputs ? eg; Stairville) to Xlr/1/4 " Jack adaptor (as can be bought on Maplins) to input on first Datamoon then onto next Datamoon via Jack to Jack lead that I already have.

Will this work ??? Thanks Mike :thanks:

Yes it will work but make sure the jack plugs are the stereo (TRS) type like you get on headphones. Unbalanced mono jack plugs such as often used for microphones won't work.

Yes it will work but make sure the jack plugs are the stereo (TRS) type like you get on headphones. Unbalanced mono jack plugs such as often used for microphones won't work.

:thanks: For that ! so what you mean is they have a thick and a thin black line on the shaft ?