Dj's United

Although the level of internet enquiries have decreased, I'm actually finding phone call enquiries on the up this year.

Anyone else experiencing this change / vice versa?

Fortunately I've had a Pub who has agreed to take me on every spare Fri/Sat till Christmas.....how long it will last...not sure.

Other than that ....even I can notice the lack of merriment this end of the year.....so far!!

how long it will last...not sure.

The pub or the gig?

Around here pubs are still closing in frightening numbers, many of the hotels are also still only 1/4 full despite it being peak season. Last year, the lack of tourists was contributed to poor weather and high fuel prices, this year its poor weather and the credit crunch. Can't wait for next year..... :devil:

Most business rely on a lucrative tourist summer to see them through the quieter winter months. I guess many of them will be lucky to make it until xmas, and the more of those which close the nearer I get to being just another statistic.

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

I would have thought that where your enquiries come from would depend on your particular marketting.

I only get 2 or 3 phone enquiries per week but then again I just have a basic free advert in YP and TL. My web site is pretty rubbish and I get maybe 1 per week via that. The majority of my work comes from previous clients either via email or phone and I also have some venues that I do work for. If I am sweating on a specific date there are a couple of events companies and agencies that I can ring and I can usually get something for a specific date at short notice. By far the majority of my internet enquiries come from WDJA though.

TBH I haven't really noticed any real changes in how the enquiries come in, but I have noticed that more and more folk will say that they have had a quote for a really low price.

The enquiries are a bit slow at the moment and the ones that do an online quote dont want to seem to pay the fees at the moment even when it shows them how little per person they are paying its very hard to get them to finalise any quotes at the moment, apart from previous clients of course.

alan

STROBE DISCO SHOW

01782 713277

07802 489555