Dj's United

Was having a chat with a relative recently whose been harping on about his new car for a few weeks. I've not paid much attention (shame on me) but my ears pricked up when he claims his car delivers 60 mpg?!

On further investigation and reading a Jeremy Clarkson article where he praised and stated "It shouldn’t be brilliant but it is", I was wondering, anyone here got one?

http://www.vicky.in/straightfrmtheheart/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/skoda_roomster.jpg

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:3Fj7oI3FKSSCGM:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/Å koda_Roomster_(Motor_Show_2007-_Skoda_Roomster).jpg

Prices are from £10,020 on the road.

Seems value for money with 60 mpg.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

I think its great , its a VW really the old skoda brand snobs are still about but for my work it would be ideal as its a van and a family car ..Top gear a few times have praised it. and all the car mags rate it but that Skoda brand is still a stigma for some.

shame i cant afford one at the moment

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

Might not be the prettiest looking vehicle on the planet but if its anything like the existing VAG range, it'll be a good multipurpose workhorse. Sadly I think VAG still use belt driven cam's on their TDI diesels rather than timing chains, and these service items tend to be fiddly and time consuming jobs, so if you do a lot of miles and want an oil burner then bear in mind 'losing' it for a day and a £300 - £400 bill every 40k miles or so.

Other than that, it uses the same reliable engine and running gear as in the VW range, so basically you are getting tried and tested VW technology bearing a different badge in a different body shell, and a useful one at that

It's horrible

So what do you drive? :D

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

I admit it's not exactly a 'looker' and 'cool', but how many can hold their hand up and say when they bought a vehicle "I purchased the car because it was very practical and delivered great mpg?"

Sorry - I was talking to the wife when I said that! :lol:

I'm going to get such a slap! :funjokeandlaugh:

My day job is in the service dept.

We have just taken on Skoda about 3 months ago.

Great cars

Basicly a VW at a better price.

The Roomster is a good car (ugly looking popemobile)

The old days of the horrible Estelle etc are long gone.

I would buy one.

Back in November we were looking for a new car and I wanted something a bit practical because although I have a nearly new Maxus van I wanted to have a car that would be able to carry a bit of kit to get me out of trouble if I ever needed it.

Previously having owned a Fusion 1.4TDCI I wanted something a bit more well built and more refined. I looked at various little MPV type things from Skoda, Siat, VW, Nissan, Renault etc. the Roomster was in the running and we actually had one for a full day trial but at the en of the day they couldn't get the spec. and colour we wanted for a couple of months so eventually we went for the Nissan Note simply because they had one ready built at the factory in Sunderland and were able to get it for the following day. We like the Note better, it is more refined and certainly better built but the Roomster was a lot cheaper and not bad at all so if they had the right colour and spec. in stock we prob would have had one instead. I have owned Skodas when they were just Skodas and pretty basic and rough and then I had a Favourite when they were mostly Skoda with a bit of VW and then I have had modern Skodas which really are very good sharing the same part base as the rest of the group...never mind the old Skoda jokes...they are serious options and well worth a shot if its the type of car you are looking for.

Back in November we were looking for a new car and I wanted something a bit practical because although I have a nearly new Maxus van I wanted to have a car that would be able to carry a bit of kit to get me out of trouble if I ever needed it.

Previously having owned a Fusion 1.4TDCI I wanted something a bit more well built and more refined. I looked at various little MPV type things from Skoda, Siat, VW, Nissan, Renault etc. the Roomster was in the running and we actually had one for a full day trial but at the en of the day they couldn't get the spec. and colour we wanted for a couple of months so eventually we went for the Nissan Note simply because they had one ready built at the factory in Sunderland and were able to get it for the following day. We like the Note better, it is more refined and certainly better built but the Roomster was a lot cheaper and not bad at all so if they had the right colour and spec. in stock we prob would have had one instead. I have owned Skodas when they were just Skodas and pretty basic and rough and then I had a Favourite when they were mostly Skoda with a bit of VW and then I have had modern Skodas which really are very good sharing the same part base as the rest of the group...never mind the old Skoda jokes...they are serious options and well worth a shot if its the type of car you are looking for.

I use a Nissan Note for transporting stuff. Its just about big enough to fit everything in. I usually have a box on the front passenger seat, but at a push could probably put that in the back too and have room for a person...

Just have to be careflu when putting in the par cans, as I have scratched the surface slightly of the roof carpet/felt :/

Cheers,

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

I have the new citroen berlingo multispace XTR 1.6 HDI it does 50mpg but its a baked bean can on wheels! i am going to get rid as soon as i can! i got it as it had some good reviews and it looks nice! well alot nicer than the normal berlingos

had it a month and regret ever getting it space wise its perfect but its a bag of spanners! turbo lag,sloppy gear box blah blah blah!

Opinions - Is the vehicles colour and look that important, or some kind of deep-seated quasi-religious belief ?

I couldn't care less about the colour to be honest. The look / shape is unimportant to me too. Aesthetics of the vehicle don't really bother me as it's for business / workhorse use.

Edited by Dukesy

Opinions - Is the vehicles colour and look that important, or some kind of deep-seated quasi-religious belief ?

I couldn't care less about the colour to be honest. The look / shape is unimportant to me too. Aesthetics of the vehicle don't really bother me as it's for business / workhorse use.

Thats your opinion im a petrol head that likes cars and the look of cars and the berlingo was a choice that made sense"TO ME" ok looking,plenty of room and good mpg!

just my opinion!:wall:

Indeed, my opinion, didn't say I didn't like cars though - my bad. smile icon

'Vehicle colour' is not that motivational or high on the priority list of practicality when I'm choosing a work vehicle.

For the practicality of use for mobile DJ'ing, I can't see an aesthetic point being anything other than a bonus? :shrug:

Well colour was very important as the Note is really my Wife's :D its just there if ever I need to use it.

And Guess what...my van is white, same old story when I bought it, if I wanted one straight away it was a case of I could have any colour as long as it was white...they couldn't even give me a delivery date for a different coloured one.

So what do you drive? :D

Got a Pug 206 3dr :joe:

so eventually we went for the Nissan Note simply because they had one ready built at the factory in Sunderland and were able to get it for the following day.

It's a brilliant little car. Boot space isn't fantastic considering how big it actually is, but it's got the clever "double floor"

I really like them.

To me - the look and colour of the car is a top priority, fuel consumption next. Won't take anything with a fuel cons. of under 35mpg

Ben

That's got too many doors!

It's a great car. Very responsive, does about 45mpg & looks pretty cool.

Handles like an absolute dream as well

:Thumbup:

Ben

But....is there a but...? just how much kit can you get in there?! LOL! Are they any good with a trailer? :D

Currently drive a Ssangyong. It won't win any awards for the best looking estate in the world, and I can't remember the colour without looking at it, but it drives ok and is reasonably comfortable for distance driving. It carries all the kit I need and delivers incredible mpg considering it's built like a tank.

But....is there a but...? just how much kit can you get in there?! LOL! Are they any good with a trailer? :D

Currently drive a Ssangyong. It won't win any awards for the best looking estate in the world, and I can't remember the colour without looking at it, but it drives ok and is reasonably comfortable for distance driving. It carries all the kit I need and delivers incredible mpg considering it's built like a tank.

I can fit laptop, powered speakers and deckstand

few lights

all I need.

plus - I'm retired from DJing.

Ben

Well - you know, it sounds better than "I gave it up!" :lol:

I can't see what you've linked to as I don't have the right permissions? (perhaps you could sort that Dukesy?) I assume it's the calendar?!

Yes - I'm young! I still find it fairly interesting browsing the forum though :Thumbup:

Ben

That's got too many doors!

It's a great car. Very responsive, does about 45mpg & looks pretty cool.

Handles like an absolute dream as well

:Thumbup:

Ahh is it :love: between you and the 206? :funjokeandlaugh:

Not my cup of tea, its not quite sporty enough for me.

Its the sort of thing my 19 year old drools over.

The wife likes it though. :good:

Its nice to see that you have an interest in the DJing.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

Ahh is it :love: between you and the 206? :funjokeandlaugh:

Not my cup of tea, its not quite sporty enough for me.

Its the sort of thing my 19 year old drools over.

The wife likes it though. :good:

Its nice to see that you have an interest in the DJing.

LOL! It's a brilliant car & it's done really well in the 2 years I've owned it. But - I don't drool over it, and by no means is it sporty enough! Doesn't mean I don't like it though.

I'm evidently the same age as your son (I presume) but don't drool over the 206.

And Dukesy - the board won't even let me see my profile. Can you do something to unlock my permissions?

Ben

LOL! It's a brilliant car & it's done really well in the 2 years I've owned it. But - I don't drool over it, and by no means is it sporty enough! Doesn't mean I don't like it though.

I'm evidently the same age as your son (I presume) but don't drool over the 206.

And Dukesy - the board won't even let me see my profile. Can you do something to unlock my permissions?

Click on your name