Dj's United

Hi Guys

Looking for any advice on ice breakers for a wedding gig in September.

The happy couple are neighbours who I know quite well and I've met some

of the family members. I know they're a lively bunch and up for a laugh,

so I want to add a bit of fun to their night.

There will be a few youngsters and elderly, so nothing to risque. :damn:

Any thoughts welcome

Cheers

Kev

There will be a few youngsters and elderly, so nothing to risque. :damn:

I was advised a long time ago that generating 'fun' at any party is fine, so long as the DJ is not construed to be wearing the wide brim and high crown hat in the process! Some DJs still believe they are the 'star' of the wedding reception! LOL!

Bear in mind that interaction is a key factor in whatever you do - everyone likes to feel included, no-one likes to be singled out. If you cater for Children's entertainment, then you'll understand and appreciate how many adults actually enjoy letting their 'child out' within! smile icon

Recently, there was a youtube vid where a handful of family and guests each took turns (in relay) to sing a few lines of a particular song to the B&G. The DJ may have been playing an edited selection. The whole thing lasted about 5 mins. Very personalised but totally appreciated by all. There were even some comical dance moves performed by one or two of the singers which had the couple and all roaring with laughter!

I'd suggest having a chat with the 'lively bunch' in the family if possible. It will help build a better rapport and their feedback will assist you in helping make the couples day truly special and most of all, fun!

Songs or methods?

Methods really - music not an issue. (But ideas on both appreciated) :dukesy:

Kev

I was advised a long time ago that generating 'fun' at any party is fine, so long as the DJ is not construed to be wearing the wide brim and high crown hat in the process! Some DJs still believe they are the 'star' of the wedding reception! LOL!

Bear in mind that interaction is a key factor in whatever you do - everyone likes to feel included, no-one likes to be singled out. If you cater for Children's entertainment, then you'll understand and appreciate how many adults actually enjoy letting their 'child out' within! smile icon

Recently, there was a youtube vid where a handful of family and guests each took turns (in relay) to sing a few lines of a particular song to the B&G. The DJ may have been playing an edited selection. The whole thing lasted about 5 mins. Very personalised but totally appreciated by all. There were even some comical dance moves performed by one or two of the singers which had the couple and all roaring with laughter!

I'd suggest having a chat with the 'lively bunch' in the family if possible. It will help build a better rapport and their feedback will assist you in helping make the couples day truly special and most of all, fun!

Hi Dukesy

Thanks for the response.

I take your point and certainly wouldn't want to be the 'Star' of the show.

I'd much rather chip in from the shadows and safety behind my gear!! :chad:

I don't seem to have a problem at kids parties, getting everyone involved,

maybe that's down to my mental age. :stu:

I already have a suprise karaoke song from the brides mum lined up. Apparently in

fancy dress costume!!

I'll take your advice and get hold of the jokers in the family and pick their brains.

Cheers

Kev