Dj's United

Well following on from grand march thread.

I got married 2 1/2 years ago..

Married in registry office in January. Family (26 members) only present then we all went to a local hotel for the wedding breakfast.

We had invited a few friends in the evening to join us taking the numbers up to a massive 40.

Then ...........

6 months later we held the official Reception with a guest list of 200 this is where the fun began.

We had set up an unusual disco with precussionist (plays at Pasha, Car Wash, Ministry of Sound etc) to play along side the disco.

The precussionist played while the guests arrived. Then we announced the buffet before the disco started, this allowed our guests to mingle and catch up before the dancing started.

At 930 we announced the first dance and got our guests to move around to the edge of the dance floor and then Safri Duo Played A Loud started with the lead from the precussinist. Our guests were instructed to clap to the beat then after a rehearsed march to the beats section our bridesmaids walked into the room to the beats leading us in to the dance area for our official first dance.

During the evening we had a fantastic photographer called David Hindley (Lenny Kravitz Official Photographer) to take action shots of our guests during the evening.

Then the party started.....We had a fantastic time .......

Then on the 27th December we went on honeymoon......so we enjoyed the wedding for a year...

Photos

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/raymilkybarkid/DSC_0122.jpg

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/raymilkybarkid/DSC_0126.jpg

Edited by Raymilkybarkid

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Sound a great party. I also love those inflatable lights, are they LED based?

Also, the night-time picture looks like there are 2 Elvis impersonators ;-)

I'm sure it was a very memorable night for your guests.

My wedding in the mid '90s was a much smaller affair - a local village hall. Our daughter was 2 and had a balloon tied around her so we could see where she was.

The disco set up mid-afternoon and did some checks, and like most kids, she kept trying to stamp in the light reflecting on the floor (I love seeing that!)

I remember the DJ's had 2 friends, and at some point, they did a "fully monty" dance to the delight of the bridesmaids. They got to their underwear. I don't think I'd want that now - but at the time it was good fun.

I think we picked them out of the yellow pages - but there were also recommended to us, they did a good job.

The night ended and we ended up having a party at my in-laws house until we realised we had an 8am pick-up for our honeymoon..

I'm now divorced and with Carmen. All this talk of weddings is getting me nervous!!!

Yes Jason the lights are LED based.

we had 4 UV cannons pointed onto the dance floor area. We asked for the entertainers to wear white that will be the Elvis impersonators then.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

:Thumbup:

I was at the Bromley Court Hotel and the neighbouring corporate gig had these type of lighting. Quite popular. The guests were all over them!!! :D

I'd be more concerned about using anything floor mounted, inflatable, colourful and eyecatching which may be of great interest to the growing number of unattended feral children and rampaging toddlers who frequent the 'average' wedding reception.

Having had a Par 36 based helicoptor burn out due to some little sod back in the 90's, throwing streamers at it I learned the hard way that expensive equipment mounted at a 5 year olds level is not a good move because it usually doesn't stay in working condition for very long :scared:

I know these use LED's and it isn't the burn risk I'm concerned about, more the break risk. To a child it will look like a big inflatable toy.

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

• 2 weeks later...

I love those lights! Does anyone know what they are called / where you can buy them?

Mike Butcher - Future Sound Discos

www.futuresounddiscos.co.uk

T: 0208 090 3459

M: 07828 702 545