Dj's United

Which City Or Town Is The Worst To Drive In?

So which is your worst city / town to drive for a gig? For me, Nottingham. Hate it. When I have to, I am not a merry-man. Closely followed by Derby....don't like driving through that place either. Manchester, Liverpool, London, Basildon, don't really bother me!

Yours?

Newcastle.

The one way systems, bus lanes etc make it a nightmare.

It's also bad to cycle through. Sunderland used to be bad, but its much better now since they closed down the old bus station a fair few years ago (I was at school when this happened!).

When I've being to Derby though, it didn't seem to bad.

This is also some places I would avoid during rush hour completely no matter what, these icluding the Tyne Tunnel and th A19 next to the A690 (Durham turn off) as there is a business park there and too many workers!

GDK Entertainments

Raising The Standards In Entertainment

M 0783 529 5169

E info@gdkentertainments.co.uk

london everytime - getting to the otherside is a 23 mile straigt route and almost impossible.

the car park round the outside with all its extra cones is 53 miles for the same journey

neither is quick

I thought Stoke was bad enough 'till I tried to get to central London from Stevenage at 6.30pm.

Still, London is a big city with big city problems, so I excuse it.

Stoke is a small city with big city problems, so I can't.

Anywhere between Penrith and Kendal when winter comes and the snow begins to fall. We've been blessed with some very mild winters in the last few years, and when it is bad a detour via the M6 can literally double or treble the usual 'A' and 'B' road mileage to a venue. Resisting the urge to get a Chelsea Tractor because of the tax situation, but the first real bad winter may be the one which justifies it.

At the minute we've only got localised flooding and raging torrents down to the hills to contend with :rolleyes: . In a few months it'll be ungritted icy roads :fright:

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

For me it's Ipswich.

The Council seem to be anti car/van/lorry and make it very hard to get about.

Cheers,

Glenn.

Glenn Knights.

Mirage Moblile Disco

Wickham Market

Suffolk.

www.miragemobiledisco.co.uk

Travelling through Halifax and back into Keighley this late morning was terrible. So much roadworks in an area which seems to have such heavy traffic anyway!

Edinburgh has always been a nightmare what with an overly interfering council but since the tram works(which are over budget already) its nigh on impossible. . . . . And the routes change every other day.

• 2 weeks later...

For me it's Ipswich.

The Council seem to be anti car/van/lorry and make it very hard to get about.

Cheers,

Glenn.

Closely followed by Cambridge - I was there today, there's loads of speed cameras, traffic lights and cyclists with death wishes ! :damn:

Cheers again,

Glenn.

Glenn Knights.

Mirage Moblile Disco

Wickham Market

Suffolk.

Closely followed by Cambridge - I was there today, there's loads of speed cameras, traffic lights and cyclists with death wishes ! :damn:

Cheers again,

Glenn.

I was in Cambridge yesterday, well in a small village just out side Cambridge, Cottenham.

It is full of speed bumps which are a pain in the proverbial back side when towing a caravan :crap:

Jim

I was in Cambridge yesterday, well in a small village just out side Cambridge, Cottenham.

It is full of speed bumps which are a pain in the proverbial back side when towing a caravan :crap:

Jim

Arrgghhh - speed bumps :damn:

Not much fun in a full works van either.

These things are sent to try us, apparently

Keep smelling

Glenn.

Glenn Knights.

Mirage Moblile Disco

Wickham Market

Suffolk.

Arrgghhh - speed bumps :damn:

Not much fun in a full works van either.

These things are sent to try us, apparently

Keep smelling

Glenn.

Liverpool is a city which is underpopulated, so its heaven to drive in, overeared a man from brum saying he was amazed it took 5 mins to get in city centre and he could easily park

Birmingham is a nightmare, its just too busy and that m6 is a joke

but speedbumps are a pain i admint, they are probably responsible for 50% of audio fauls, and we should have magic keys that make them retract when we carry audio equipment.