Dj's United

What Songs Would I Play After The 1st Dance At A Wedding

i normally follow the first song with another slowie (of their playlist if at all possible) and invite everyone to join the B&G on the dancefloor.

Can't take my eyes of you works well as it gets quicker towards the end allowing other music to follow easily

How about a bit more about yourself as well - go on you know you want too!

Edited by bluejools

Have the Bride & Groom given any indication of the music genres they like, or have they left it all up to you?

The Getting Started thread is useful, including a Useful Links here thread.

Also, we have a Knowledge Base here you may be interested in.

Welcome to the forum. smile icon

I have a consultation pack , it has suggested first dance (bride + Groom) second dance (Father + daughter ) third dance (Mother + son) etc of course everything is optional ie what if any dances they want to do.

I also ask what 20 songs must they absolutely hear , what songs they must not hear, using my pack as a guide i have a good chat and it has a list of things we need to make clear to each other so everyone is on the same wavelength.

A consultation for me is essential for a wedding , i get to gauge the clients , i get to clarify lots of little essential points ..dress code , start and finishing times , song choice , payment etc etc a consultation is not just a selling pitch , it really does make everyones life easier.

I have a wedding on Sunday and they have asked for hero as there first dance and cha cha slide as the very next song! apparently he met her in a club doing the cha cha slide ! Now i know just from that they will be a fun loving up for it group, i met her mum and dad and they were lovely too. I know some of her friends ..i didnt knew i knew them before the consultation.

Thats the way i do it but there is no wrong or right way thats just the way i find it easier to do...hope any of that helps

Rob

Edited by Robster
Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

Timing and choice of music is always covered in the pre wedding meetings etc with me.

I tend to find though that after the first/second dance it tends to be the time to get the party going. After the formal dances it tends to be something that will fill the floor, maybe something from the charts or more ofter some classics.

Jim

I have a consultation pack , it has suggested first dance (bride + Groom) second dance (Father + daughter ) third dance (Mother + son) etc of course everything is optional ie what if any dances they want to do.

I also ask what 20 songs must they absolutely hear , what songs they must not hear, using my pack as a guide i have a good chat and it has a list of things we need to make clear to each other so everyone is on the same wavelength.

A consultation for me is essential for a wedding , i get to gauge the clients , i get to clarify lots of little essential points ..dress code , start and finishing times , song choice , payment etc etc a consultation is not just a selling pitch , it really does make everyones life easier.

I have a wedding on Sunday and they have asked for hero as there first dance and cha cha slide as the very next song! apparently he met her in a club doing the cha cha slide ! Now i know just from that they will be a fun loving up for it group, i met her mum and dad and they were lovely too. I know some of her friends ..i didnt knew i knew them before the consultation.

Thats the way i do it but there is no wrong or right way thats just the way i find it easier to do...hope any of that helps

Rob

thanks for the advice much apprieciated

• 1 month later...

Rob

Same here - client meetings are vital to a successful, smooth-running and personalised wedding. Be client led, client focussed and it will pay rewards!

Jason and I had quite a debate about this question before the wedding on Sunday. The first dance was Aerosmith "Don't want to miss a thing". On the play list there were only two other slowies, one which we felt the lyrics were inappropriate for a wedding second dance (it was about splitting up), the other was careless whisper. In the end the first dance flew by and people piled on the dance floor almost straight away, only giving the B&G about half a minute alone. Jason played Careless whisper and they loved it. Followed that up with "Celebration" which really went down well.

Depending on their first dance, I always follow with a few 70s classics that everyone knows. Always works for me.

Deffo a good idea to try and get other couples to join them during their first dance, after the photographer has done his bit ideally. Then if you go into some classics and you retain a lot of people, good. If not consider a change after a couple to something else.

Dont be disheartened if no one dances for the first half hour to an hour. Doesnt happen often but some just want to have a chat and wait for the buffet and also a few more drinks before they start to let their hair down a bit.

i normally follow the first song with another slowie (of their playlist if at all possible) and invite everyone to join the B&G on the dancefloor.

Can't take my eyes of you works well as it gets quicker towards the end allowing other music to follow easily

How about a bit more about yourself as well - go on you know you want too!

yea me too

Try 'Crazy little thing called love' by Queen. Seems to work for me ?

Gets the party going after the slow ones and is a good tune that covers quite a few ages and styles of music.

Yes - good tune.

I find the Michael Buble version works very well indeed.