Dj's United

hi folks i have a wee problem im trying to connect my pc to my mixer to my amp.can anyone tell me what goes where? my mixer has 2 phono inputs,an aux and a output im using an aiwa amp 300 watts and 200 watts jamo speakers and a dell pc.

hi folks i have a wee problem im trying to connect my pc to my mixer to my amp.can anyone tell me what goes where? my mixer has 2 phono inputs,an aux and a output im using an aiwa amp 300 watts and 200 watts jamo speakers and a dell pc.

Hi,

pc > mixer; you'll need a 3.5mm stereo jack to 2 x phono plugs.

You may also need a "ground loop isolator" if you hear a hum coming from the mixer. For the price/hassle, I'd recommend getting one anyway.

mixer > amp; I assume this is a domestic amp. Most will use phono (RCA) connections, so you'll need 2 phono to phono cables.

Ebay will probably be your best/cheapest port of call for this lot. Try to get decent cables, as these will last longer.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Hi,

pc > mixer; you'll need a 3.5mm stereo jack to 2 x phono plugs.

You may also need a "ground loop isolator" if you hear a hum coming from the mixer. For the price/hassle, I'd recommend getting one anyway.

mixer > amp; I assume this is a domestic amp. Most will use phono (RCA) connections, so you'll need 2 phono to phono cables.

Ebay will probably be your best/cheapest port of call for this lot. Try to get decent cables, as these will last longer.

Hope this helps,

Jason

thanks for your help you wouldnt happen to no were the phono leads go on the mixer thanks

thanks for your help you wouldnt happen to no were the phono leads go on the mixer thanks

It should say something like Line or CD input. What mixer do you have. Some of the guys on here might be able to help you more if they know this info.

Welcome to the wonderful world of DJing

Nik

Also make sure that you connect the left and right outputs from the laptop to the 'Aux' or 'Line in' inputs on the mixer.

Inputs marked 'phono' are only suitable for low levels signals from turntables.

Basically you need to connect the L & R outputs from the laptop to the 'L' & 'R' inputs marked either line in or 'aux in' on your mixer.

You then need to connect the 'L' and 'R' outputs from the mixer to suitable 'L' and 'R' Inputs on the amplifier. If your amplifier has multiple selectable inputs, then any inputs marked as 'CD' / 'Tape' / 'VCR' / 'Mini Disc' will usually be suitable, but start off with the Master fader or Master Volume on the mixer at its minimum position so you can gauge how sensitive the amplifier input is, and adjust the level accordingly.

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

It should say something like Line or CD input. What mixer do you have. Some of the guys on here might be able to help you more if they know this info.

Welcome to the wonderful world of DJing

Nik

hi my mixer is a BETTER MPX ONE its just a standard 2 channel mixer with aux and output

thanks

Also make sure that you connect the left and right outputs from the laptop to the 'Aux' or 'Line in' inputs on the mixer.

Inputs marked 'phono' are only suitable for low levels signals from turntables.

Basically you need to connect the L & R outputs from the laptop to the 'L' & 'R' inputs marked either line in or 'aux in' on your mixer.

You then need to connect the 'L' and 'R' outputs from the mixer to suitable 'L' and 'R' Inputs on the amplifier. If your amplifier has multiple selectable inputs, then any inputs marked as 'CD' / 'Tape' / 'VCR' / 'Mini Disc' will usually be suitable, but start off with the Master fader or Master Volume on the mixer at its minimum position so you can gauge how sensitive the amplifier input is, and adjust the level accordingly.

thats exactly what i was looking for thanks alot

This one?

no its not that one but same spec as that 1 ive got sound coming through now but its distorted i think i need a ground loop isolator or maybe its something in my pc that needs adjusted

This one?

no its not that one but same spec as that 1 ive got sound coming through now but its distorted i think i need a ground loop isolator or maybe its something in my pc that needs adjusted

Double check that you are using the correct inputs. Sometimes it is hard on a small mixer to figure out which terminals the printing refers to. It is important that you plug into the 'Aux' or 'Line' terminals only.

If the front of the mixer has a toggle switch indicating something like 'phono' / 'Aux' or 'Phono' / 'Line' then make sure that the switch is across in the 'Aux' or 'Line' position for the channel in which the Laptop is connected to.

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Also you might need to turn down the PC volume its the little speaker icon by the clock on the desktop.

I find if this is to high it will distort the signal. At some point think about getting a better sound card this will make a lot of difference to the sound quality.

Glad you got sound your on the right track

Nik