Dj's United

hi folks again lol ive linked my pc to my mixer and my amp im getting sound but its very distorted iv turned down the sound on my pc and its still the same any suggestions would be apprieciated.

Can you make sure you have connected to "line" level inputs on your mixer (and/or switched it to line/aux).

This was covered in replies to your previous post, Most mixers also take inputs from record decks, and the signal levels are normally very low level, you need to make sure you are using AUX/CD/Line In levels.

The output from a PC will be higher than a CD Player (the PC output is designed to drive Headphones)

If this does not fix things, then unplug your laptop from the charger (ie, run it on batteries). If the distortion goes away, then a ground loop isolator will fix this problem.

If an isolator is required, I normally hear a fairly loud 50hz hum, even with no music playing, This can make music sound distorted.

you didnt need to start a new thread for this

once youve done what the previous poster suggested

ensure the mixer is not turned up really high (red lights are bad ok!)

turn the amp off and plug in some headphones into the headphone socket on the mixer, is the sound still distorting in the headphones? If its not distorting, then the problem lies with the amp/speakers. If the headphones are distorting, then youve either used the wrong input or your laptop is too loud

Are you using software to play music? Ensure this is not on maximum either, i know my PCDJ will distort if volume is too loud